Door OEM speaker question/problem...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
DJ_X-ToNe

Door OEM speaker question/problem...

Post by DJ_X-ToNe »

Umm, when i took the three screws out...how do i get the speaker out from there? It is stuck in there pretty good and i don't wanna brake it if theres somethin i gotta do. Chiltons just said to take out screws and it should come out...but it is like realy stuck in there<BR>PS: Everything is stock, i have not done anything to change whats stock.<P>Thanks!!
mxcess

Re: Door OEM speaker question/problem...

Post by mxcess »

I imagine it is just stuck in there with the black gunk that they use to put on the door plastic with. I just replaced mine with Sony Xplode's and don't remember them being stuck in there. Just try prying them out gently with a screw driver. They should just pop right out. Be careful with the black gunk though, It's a bi*ch to get off your hands. Image Image Image
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I don't remember having any trouble getting mine out either. I have manual (non-power) windows, this might be the difference. Is yours power or manual windows? Another thing you should watch is the clearance. We put some Fosgate 6.5 speakers in ours and now we cannot roll the windows down all the way because the glass is hitting the magnet of the speaker.
DJ_X-ToNe

Post by DJ_X-ToNe »

i have power windows, am im gona put blaupunkt 5 1/4 in the sides and blau 6 1/2 in back. There pretty shallow so they should fit, but if not i usally have air on n e way. Thanks for your help, i'll post if i got em out or not Image
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

I replaced my door speakers with Blaupunkt's 6 1/2, the stock ones where somehow stock but i gently pulled them using a screwdriver, no problem, and no damaged to my stock speakers.. by the way, blaupunkts are great.. <P>------------------<BR>Alberto<BR>1993 Mx-3 1.6l Se<BR>Brilliant Black!
Alberto<BR>1993 Mx-3 1.6l Se<BR>Brilliant Black!
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

It's the black gue holding htem in there. Just stick a screwdriver behind and pry carefully and it'll pop right out. Be careful not to get any of that crap on anything tho as it's a pain in the arse!!<P>------------------<BR>mason<BR>MX3SE<BR>ICQ#44771740<BR>masonholmes@hotmail.com
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

Isn't that what I just said? Image Just kidding Mason. It's good to always have a second opinion or third or fourth or... Image Image Image Another thing, if the magnet is hitting the window you can shim the speaker out some since their is plenty of room between the speaker and the door speaker cover. I used double sided tape on mine, but I was desperate since it was so hot outside and I was sweating my arse off. Good luck with the speakers. C-ya soon Ranman and girl formally known as Frogchick Image Image, Robert
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

YUP!!!!!<BR>See ya there!<BR>
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

Haha, yeah. I just figured I'd leave a second opinion on it since alot of the time people come looking for a few of the same replies before they stick to one as the explanation. Although this isn't anything major and doesn't need a second opinion, just habit I guess Image<P>------------------<BR>mason<BR>MX3SE<BR>ICQ#44771740<BR>masonholmes@hotmail.com
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”