Is Corksport the place for our Business??

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
BuGS

Is Corksport the place for our Business??

Post by BuGS »

I just found this on the RX7club.com Forum. They are charging this lady 2 months later for Hanging Out and having the person working on her car to explain various things. The letter they send is at the following URL Letter

The origin is at RX7Club.com Forums

The grammar and such in the letter really sickens me.... Although they do great work and have great products, I don't know if i will have them put in my BPT now. I think I am going to go out on a limb and do it myself when I get the $$.

Anyways Just wanted to let all of you ppl know of this. Corksport Shouldn't do something like that 2 months later. The lady this happened to said she would have paid when she paid the bill for the job, but this was 2 months later. So i think Corksport is kinda cheating ppl....

<small>[ July 23, 2004, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Clayton ]</small>
MX-West Car Club

Re: Is Corksport the place for our Business??

Post by MX-West Car Club »

I've been dealing with Cork Sport for about 6 years and haven't had a problem at all. I've heard other people having problems with them on placing orders but it was because they were talking to the wrong person at Cork Sport.

<small>[ July 23, 2004, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]</small>
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

And Why is there a wrong person at Corksport?
If you're talking about dialing the wrong extension, then shouldnt the person at the receiving end be able to transfer the call to someone else?
If you're talking about someone being totally incompetent in taking an order, then there is a problem with Corksport.

I don't like having to deal with companies where you constantly hear stuff like "Only talk to Bob at Acme Car Products. He's the only one there that knows stuff" That tells me that you have to have an "in" to be able to get service, and that they don't have a good Customer Service rap.

Not to say that Corskport is like this, but I wouldn't want to not get service just because I know "Bob".

From what I could gather, the Corksport owner that was at the meet seemed like a decent guy. Can't say anything abour the rest of the staff.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Sry I had the letter link wroung. Fixed it. But it sounded like from what I heard the Corksport owner that signed the letter is not the one that wrote it. It was the other partner. A lot of the RX-7 guys know the owners and one is a no-gooder. They say Derrik is the nice one and he is the one that is not out just for $$ unlike the other one. But I don't know. This letter sure made me think twice.
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

Here is the thing, if "Chris" left corksport to start his own shop and took customers with him..that is a typical no-no in business terms if he created a competing shop (this is why non-compete clauses are there).

Granted this is a rather grey thing to do..but depending on how many customers just up and left to follow "Chris" it may be understandable. It isn't the nicest thing to do, but it is legal.

warning: I don't know any of the guys at corksport personally, I met Derrick once and he was a nice guy.
Taras

Post by Taras »

Funny they title it as a letter from Rich at Corksport (at the bottom), but Derrick have signed it. I am sure he has not written it as I always know him as a polite straight forward individual with good business manners and etiquette. From my many years of dealing with Corksport, I had no problems at all. I know that there were some people working there that were not all responsible. However, I think a matter of additional billing could have been put in better words or even politely discussed over the phone. Btw, Chris is a great guy too.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

i have delt with corksport for years with numerous things. derrick is the man with the knowledge on the bpt and the mx-3 4cyl. as i was doing my swap i had a hub or something frozen ( what the shop said) and he was like ok and immediately sent me a used part but didnt charge me. he knows how to treat the customers and i have found ben doesnt know what hes doing when it comes to thye mx-3 and the 4cyl's.

talk to derrick
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Originally posted by JDM:
Funny they title it as a letter from Rich at Corksport (at the bottom), but Derrick have signed it. I am sure he has not written it as I always know him as a polite straight forward individual with good business manners and etiquette. From my many years of dealing with Corksport, I had no problems at all. I know that there were some people working there that were not all responsible. However, I think a matter of additional billing could have been put in better words or even politely discussed over the phone. Btw, Chris is a great guy too.
Ya the guys that read it over were pretty sure it was Rich. Even the lady was. Derrik is a nice guy. I feel for him that he has to have such a lowesy Partner like Rich. I keep hearing bad stories about Rich.
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

Seems like a lack of common sense on the part of Corksport. If the "extra work" was billable, and something they would normally intend to bill for, then they should have billed her for it when the "extra work" was done.

From the sound of things, the mechanic was simply going over some things with her for things she was planning to have done/needed to have done after completing paid work on the car. I have NEVER been billed by ANY shop for simply talking to their staff.

If he was supposed to be working on something else rather than talking to a customer, and that's why they want to bill for the time, that's a staff issue - they should have addressed it with him.

All that being said, I don't think this one incident is any reason to not deal with them, particularly since virtually nobody else carries parts for our cars...
Taras

Post by Taras »

And we are all only looking at one side of the story...... who knows what really happened. Everyone likes to bash on people or a business when they are not happy. But half the time it is the customer that is wrong...
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”