what would it take on my eclipse to beat a new volkswage

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
BucktownMx3

what would it take on my eclipse to beat a new volkswage

Post by BucktownMx3 »

hey guys its me. what would it take to beat a new volkswagen golf R32 in the 1/4 mile? thanks guys.

Richard
94 mx3 gs (sold)
92 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX(14.3 @ 99.08- almost completely stock)
papa roached

Re: what would it take on my eclipse to beat a new volkswage

Post by papa roached »

more boost
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Hell of a lot more boost....and why do you ask here rather then an eclipse forum???
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

more boost, better turbo, N2O is your eclipse AWD?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Yeah, I think it's the same guy. This dude just sold his 3 for an AWD GSX. Bad car, but ugly car.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

A hell of a lot...took my friend's dad's new R32 for a spin last weekend. The pull on that car is insane, beautiful finish as well. You can read my review here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=761643
BucktownMx3

Post by BucktownMx3 »

wellguys hate to say this but more boost and complete exhaust will make it beat a r32. cuz my friends runs very high 13's stock. and hes only got 40 more hp fromt he factory then i do.so new turbomanifold,downpipe,complete 3 inch exhaust and turning the psi up will handle a R32. escpeciall if i have nothin but my drivers seat, dash and carpet and door panels.
94 mx3 gs (sold)
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

i got a better idea get ze, headers, exhaust, intake, and stand alone ecu. that should put it much closer. Stand alone systems get rid of your vaf setup:D lots more power to be tuned into ur car.

oh wait you said eclipse.... stronger drive train and more power

<small>[ June 13, 2004, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: DavidOS ]</small>
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
ikarus1

Post by ikarus1 »

a 50 shot of nitrous? :shrug:
93 White MX-3 "Ebay special"
94 Green 626 V6 5-speed "family car"
94 Mazda B2300 SE "project turbo truk"
BucktownMx3

Post by BucktownMx3 »

Well guys i went and raced my friend in his r32. he beat me the first time and i came home removed my stock cat and ran 2.5 inch out the back and put a k&n air filter and beat his 1/4 mile time.

When he beat me when i was completely stock he ran a 14.4. I went to the track last saturday night after my exhaust work and k&n filter and ran a 14.3 at 99.08 mph on bad plugs and in need of an oil change. So im gonna give my eclipse a tune up and get a boost controller and see how bad i can beat the breaks off that r32. later guys.
94 mx3 gs (sold)
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

i was watchin sum (street.. but SHHHH)races on friday... and i saw a eclips beat a 500+ HP charger, and a 900CC croch rocket... it was fast... had the stock turbo, but about 20,000$ into just the engien... still had the full interior... just a lot of work i guess lol
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Originally posted by BucktownMx3:
Well guys i went and raced my friend in his r32. he beat me the first time and i came home removed my stock cat and ran 2.5 inch out the back and put a k&n air filter and beat his 1/4 mile time.

When he beat me when i was completely stock he ran a 14.4. I went to the track last saturday night after my exhaust work and k&n filter and ran a 14.3 at 99.08 mph on bad plugs and in need of an oil change. So im gonna give my eclipse a tune up and get a boost controller and see how bad i can beat the breaks off that r32. later guys.
Why in the world would you race a turbo charged car, or any car for that matter, that is badly in need of an oil change? Crankwalk anyone???
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
BucktownMx3

Post by BucktownMx3 »

needed a oil change as in it hasnt had the oil changed since i baught ita month ago. and everycar i own will need a oil change till i get sum royal purple in it.

and i didnt see a single mx3 at the track at all. i was the only 90-94 elicpse there soo that was cool to. should have a full kit and altezzas on the elcipe by the end of this weekend also. and boost controller by next weekend. later guys. i'll keep u updated. ;)
94 mx3 gs (sold)

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”