V6 or no V6 in 95/96?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Starry

V6 or no V6 in 95/96?

Post by Starry »

Hi guys. I'm looking at getting an MX-3 sometime in the next 6 months hopefully, so I've been reading a lot about them. What's confusing me is that some places say that they stopped making the V6 GS starting in 95. But I see lots of 95/96 V6's for sale. Maybe this doesn't refer to Canada? What gives?

Here are the no-GS sources:
http://www.dealtime.com/xPC-Mazda_1995_Mazda_MX_3
http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2197
http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jc/92-96mx-3.htm

Also, from what I've read, the RS didn't come with power options. But I saw one or two in the local Auto Mart. Was this a typo, or can they really be found?

Thanks a lot.

<small>[ August 07, 2004, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Starry ]</small>
lakersfan1

Re: V6 or no V6 in 95/96?

Post by lakersfan1 »

No 95+ in the U.S. Still sold in Canada and rest of world, though. The 95+ would be a better choice probably if you plan on keeping it fairly stock. But if you want to get into engine swaps, you'll want a 92-94 V6 since they have OBD1 engines like most Jap Spec engines.
Starry

Post by Starry »

Thanks for the quick reply. I will definitely not be modifying it, and I have been looking mostly at 94-96 GS's. I don't necessarily need a V6, but I do need power windows/doors :)
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

basic mx-3 info & terms

mx-3 history / timeline

power windows and such were stock on the GS, but an option on the RS. So it's harder to find an RS with power accessories (a lot of buyers who wanted those things may well have just chosen a GS model instead of adding options to the RS
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
Starry

Post by Starry »

This says power w/dl/sunroof were not options on the RS
http://www.mx-3.com/brochure/features.cfm
Maybe I'm just getting different countries mixed up. Oh well, doesn't really matter, my only choices will be whatever's in the Auto Mart anyway.
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

Hmm I could be wrong also, I could swear I'd heard they were an option.. on the other hand the info you were looking at is from the 95 Canadian brochure.. Who knows what was optional or part of a package in other model years and sales areas.
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

all mx3's had an available power package which added power locks, windows, and cruise control. This meaning...any MX3 can have this package...RS or GS. I've seen plenty of GS's with roll-up windows & plenty of power-window RS's at my junkyard.

Sunroof was an option on GS's, but I'm not sure about earlier RS's.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Summerxxxstar

Post by Summerxxxstar »

my car is mx3gs 1.8 dohc v6 1993 all power options,,sunroof power,,locks,,and windows,,5 sp w new clutch new Used motor w 6 mo warranty as i blew a freeze plug use to have cooling probs,,so i just paid 2600 for new eng and 400 for new dist Def. a 6 all orginal from the vin no,,but it has front end damage and the front frame,,car is not bent,,but someone can save it,,its razzberry,,black leather interior,,i have the seats out in the front was gonna keep them but i will re install if u want to put a front clip on the car,,?? if interested email me,,if not good luck in your searching but gs in MD i have checked out a few,,and prior to finding mine i had found about 5,,though i wanted the leather interior and a 5 sp, and power as well,,ty
my pink freak mx3gs lookin at me so sad tonight going to heaven

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”