high 15's STOCK

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
dPmunky

high 15's STOCK

Post by dPmunky »

i havent been to the track in a few weeks, i got my clutch put in and just havent gotten around to it, but on my 2nd run i ran a 15.964@86mph i was going crazy, everything in my car is stock, no exhaust, no anything, ...sorry, but i just had to gloat
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
thebonestockkid

Re: high 15's STOCK

Post by thebonestockkid »

got a timeslip?
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

as a matter of fact....i do...but no scanner :( i wasnt even gunna go this week cuz i've been using my friends gtimer but it was sayin' i was running like 16.9-18.4, the thing was all over the place so i went out to the airfield and sure enough the thing was way off, usually i run low to mid 16's

i'll figure out a way to get it on here, maybe i'll take a pic of it w/one of those cell phones and send it to ya, ...they get good res.?

<small>[ September 29, 2003, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: dPmunky ]</small>
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Man, i have a ZE and i'm pulling hi-15's
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:
Man, i have a ZE and i'm pulling hi-15's
just ze? ze ecu? 5spd lsd tranny? anything else? gutted or not?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

ZE w/ ZE ECU, 5spd regular tranny, stock intake, stock car

Curt is running mid 14's and he's Stock ZE w/ZE ECU with a 2.5" test pipe

<small>[ September 29, 2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</small>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

one word...

wow!
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

:confused2:
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

man i don't know how you can make high 15's with a ze...I'll give my time when I'll go at the track..I'm suppose to go on saturday...
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Hey steve, when and where you headin to on sat? Luskville? I might tag along if i get off work intime.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:
Curt is running mid 14's and he's Stock ZE w/ZE ECU with a 2.5" test pipe
no Im not, my best time was 15.00, I was runnung a ZE, Crapsport ECU, stock exhaust, no air filter or air box, and iceing down the intake manifold between runs, and running Kumho 712's on stock 15 rims. But Im a crappy drag racer and I had 2 tool kits and a cooler if ice in the trunk as well as my spare tire and jack with full interior. (basicly just off the show room floor.)
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

Originally posted by babyblueMX3:
man i don't know how you can make high 15's with a ze...I'll give my time when I'll go at the track..I'm suppose to go on saturday...
its possible, (no offense to either drivers) but i've seen worse. my friend has a '94 6-speed trans am. its easily a low 14-sec car. out of 3 runs his best was a 15.7!! i don't think anyone here could do worse.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Originally posted by dPmunky:
i ran a 15.964@86mph i was going crazy, everything in my car is stock, no exhaust, no anything, ...sorry, but i just had to gloat
sorry I just have to gloat, that is not possible,

in order for you to run that time you would need a car that weighed 2400 WITH driver and 140 H.P. and a near perfect driver at that and sticky tires (but not slicks),
and you have nither, you have a car that is 2500 on a good day WITHOUT the driver and an engine that put out 130 H.P.

even with that, a good run would be 16.5, If we were more realalistic and said you have a 2600 pound car with u in it and 130 H.P. the its more like 16.867, which is almost exactly what most people with stock K8's and good drivers run.
How YOU shaved 1 second off that time with a "STOCK" car is beyond me, and beyound the laws of physics.

1) you read the slip wrong and its a 16.9 not a 15.9
2) they printed up the slip wrong(hey it happens the 5 is right next to the 6)
3) its not a proper drag strip and the timming was off
4) you think that you can lie and get away with it, and you think that we would care that some one that noboy knows ran a 15.9 in a "stock" MX-3 K8 even though that has never happend in the history of 10 years of K8 MX-'s 3 being raced.

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: curtklze ]</small>
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

mmm chop it up for curt.. beat me to the punch..

given my mx3 runs a 15.9 and am working onmaking it faster i can attest to curts figures bein about right.

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: torpedan ]</small>
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

"even though that has never happend in the history of 10 years of K8 MX-'s 3 being raced."

hmm...kinda funny how when the mx-3 was released they tested it in the low 16's.....i have nothing to prove to anyone here since im runnin a k8 and arron the hic is runnin the low 13's...so that rules out lying...and ok, maybe my car isnt completely stock....and maybe i should have mentioned the fact that im running w/a k&n air filter and a stage 2 clutch
so ok, youre right, my car isnt stock, i was mainly refering to the exaust i know it says no anything, but i wasnt thinking, sorry, not all of us break out of the "slower than molasas" catagory every time we go to the track
--claude comair
food for thought

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”