should i buy???

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
93thunderbird

should i buy???

Post by 93thunderbird »

hey im about to trade my 93 thunderbird v8 + $3000 for a '93 mx-3 with a 4 cyl manual windows and manual sunroof automatic good condition. can anyone tell me how long these cars last if they are good on gas if they have some speed and quick accel... is it a good car to invest some speakers and sub and amp and other customs into if it has 122xxx miles.... i need help please respond!! email me if u dont mind mrbenbostic@hotmail.com just type in the subject line MX-3.. thanks for your help!!!!
ben
Noobi

Re: should i buy???

Post by Noobi »

no offense to the MX-3, but that doesn't seem like a fair deal. MX-3 alone isn't worth $3000, much less $3000 + a T-bird. The difference between the T-bird and the MX-3 can't be but more than about $1000 if there is any at all. I guess it would depend on the condition of both cars. I don't know much about MX-3s, but just judging from the power that they put out, the acceleration won't come close to a V8 T-bird, stock for stock. An engine swap will put you in business tho. I think the best thing you'd have going for you is that the MX-3 is more likely to have a lot more longevity than a T-bird.
Silver O1 Miata LS 6spd
http://www.cardomain.com/id/noobiata
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

Bad deal. For a 4cyl 92 MX-3 (that is SOHC, 88hp) that is automatic with no power options?

And already has over 122 miles on the odo... I would suggest it is worth about $2000 total or so if the body is in excellent condition and all the work has been done timely like breaks, timing belt, etc.

3k + a t-bird... no deal. you would be getting shafted.
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Yeah, I agree...it doesnt sound like that great of a deal. To add some perspective, I bought my 93 sohc 4cyl, with auto trans, and no power options, no sunroof (I later added an aftermarket pop-up glass roof) for $4000 with 60,xxx miles and this was back in 2000. and the car then was in excellent shape too.

The acceleration and speed of the 88hp rated engine through the auto tranny is poor. and thats and huge understatment, But it is a good engine for reliability and gas mileage.
I'd say try to get the price dropped or start searching elsewhere. Either way though, an Mx is a very fun car to drive and the style seems to just look better and better as the years go by.
:)
(sorry its so long)
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

The MX-3 you are speaking of is not worth more than $1500 in the current condition:

120+K Miles
SOHC
No Power anything
11+ years old

Sorry man-- Dont do it. I love my MX-3 and all-- but that would be a bad trade.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

maybe more car stats would help what is mileage on both cars and everything else, but i dont think mx3 would cost more than $4500 and how much does your t-bird cost.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Sounds like the dealer is selling that Mx for around $4,000. Probably giving you $800-1000 for your car. Bad deal. If it was a fully loaded GS, it would be alright, but not this one. If you were close, I would sell you my 93 RS for $1200. Good luck.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

To put it into perspective.....I bought my 93 GS 5-speed with a/c, power steering & power sunroof, windows, locks & cruise control for $500.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”