my dyno graph from last summer

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
curtklze

my dyno graph from last summer

Post by curtklze »

DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
jonathanj

Re: my dyno graph from last summer

Post by jonathanj »

good numbers. and damn that torque curve is awesome. what were the mods done to make the gain in HP.
Juddd_83

Post by Juddd_83 »

anybody notice something funny!<p>Its Precidia not Presidia damnit!
---------------------------
Finally a fellow MX-3er!!!!
Euro Tails (Clear Lense)
OEM RS Spoiler
Indiglo Guages
5000V Blue Ground Effects
---------------------------
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

That's a lot more horsepower than mine would put out. But doesn't the KL ZE stock engine put out 195 HP? It kinda sucks that you lose that much HP to the wheels with a stock setup.
Curt, are you going to add any performance mods this year? <p>one
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

I will dyno it fairly soon(maybe 1 month or so) and again after I put on each upgrade.<p>That chart is a Millenia KL-ZE, with corksport KLZE chip, stock exhaust manifolds, stock ehxaust system, hot engine(I drove for 1 hour to the dyno shop with the A/C blasting, then straight on to the dyno!), no air filter but stock air intake system(not cold air intake)<p>I will be putting on a full 2.5 inch exhaust with no cat, cold air intake, real ZE ECU, zex dry nitrous system, and maybe headers and underdrive pullie.<p>you lose about 15% to drive train loss on the dyno, so on that day it was making about 183 H.P and 172 pound feet of torque. I feel with a better cool down and with better air temps it could put out 187-192 the way it was then, but I wanted to see how much power my car had when I was driving around town all day and I met a pesky honda at the stop lights :D 12.? here I come :D<p>[ February 20, 2003: Message edited by: curtklze ]</p>
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.

mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Wow those numbers suck for a KLZE..are you sure you bought a KLZE???? Im not dissin ya but im saying those numbers are not impressive at all..
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

Its so funny how manny people think that if you have 200hp motor your going to have 200hp at the wheels. It would be so nice to see peoples faces if the car companies advertised the real horse power they make at the wheels. You would never guess what the 2000 mustange v8 from the factory puts to the ground :eek:
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

Oh ya Curt let me know when you are planning on going if im done my project by then(most likely) and it a real nice day out i will insure my car for the day and come down with you.

99 vitara 4x4
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

i totally agree with mx3man83... those numbers are kinda low for a ze. it looks more like the dyno for a de. did u get a compression test with that motor and isnt a corksport reprogramed chip the same as the ze's fuel maps and timing?
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mrspanky79:
Its so funny how manny people think that if you have 200hp motor your going to have 200hp at the wheels. It would be so nice to see peoples faces if the car companies advertised the real horse power they make at the wheels. You would never guess what the 2000 mustange v8 from the factory puts to the ground :eek: <hr></blockquote><p>ok buddy your telling me that an engine with "195" supposed horsepower will only put down 156 hp to the ground and that is normal?? I dont think so..thats a loss of about 40 HP through the drive train...kurt, hook us up with some numbers when you get rid of ur stock exhaust...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

I've heard of 1000hp supras that lose close to 200hp when dynoed at the wheels. :shrug:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

Yes im telling you that, the are many of diffent dyno klze out there and many have been on this board and a simple search or talking to people that tune klze with tell you that thats about average and even the best tuned ones only net about 190hp with all the goodies if your lucky. Know just think for one minute what your little RS motor puts to the wheels. And if any of you watch the car shows on tnn on sunday day not that long ago they dyno'd a 2000 convertible v8 mustang before doing any mods and it only put 180hp to the wheels. And if you dont believe me i think i still have it on tape some where.

99 vitara 4x4
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
Wow those numbers suck for a KLZE..are you sure you bought a KLZE???? Im not dissin ya but im saying those numbers are not impressive at all..<hr></blockquote><p>your NOT dissing me?<p>Moderators get ready to ban me!<p>those numbers suck for a KLZE?<p>the only thing that sucks is YOUR MOTHER! :o <p>
so EXACTLY how many klze's have YOU dyno'd?
you must have dyno'd like 50 or 60 to make a statement like "those numbers suck for a KLZE,those numbers are not impressive at all"<p>
If you know nothing keep your mouth shut.<p>Ban me if you want, Im done now :mad:
Yes, I AM a bastard

mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Yeah my bad for saying that your numbers suck... after i said it i realized it was a little harsh..my bad bro...you need to chill, you always get all fired up in just about every thread you post in.
My Cardomain site
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

well if ppl wouldn't talk to much ish sometimes that ppl like curt wouldnt get pissed
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”