Thumbs up for Falken Ziex

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
lakersfan1

Thumbs up for Falken Ziex

Post by lakersfan1 »

FINALLY got my Falkens today after a mixup at Discount. Anyways, these tires look good, grip a hundred times better than my BFGoodrich that were on the car when I bought it. You have to seriously drop the clutch to get any wheelspin, whereas the BFGoodrich would chirp if I lauched at 2,000 RPM...........and the bonus? They are QUIET!! There is literally NO road noise at all. This will save me a ton of time wasting on sound deadening the car. It's not even needed now. I can hear valve ticking from the engine at 70 MPH on the freeway. It's creepy. :freak:

BTW, I got them at local Discount Tire for $350 out the door INLCUDING sales tax, mounting, balancing, and lifetime balancing, rotation, and road hazzard warranty. I think you can get them even cheaper if you go slightly lower diameter at 205/50/15 ...... or wider at 225/50/15. Our diameter size tire is expensive compared to all the other brands.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Thumbs up for Falken Ziex

Post by Custommx3 »

My girl and I both have Falken Zeix 512's. I think they are a great gripping tire. My only dislike are the rounded sidewalls. I wish they were flat like my yokohomas.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Custommx3:
My only dislike are the rounded sidewalls. I wish they were flat like my yokohomas.
Ah, but they need to be. They are like that so they overlap at the rim. It's a feature they worked in tosave the rims in case you rub up against a curb. Very cool to have little details like that on such an inexpensive tire.
thebox

Post by thebox »

inexpensive? not when you buy 215/35/18 they aren't :D but yeah they are a good tire. i still think i'll be buying something else next time though :shrug:
1992 MX-3 GS

KLZE - Fidanza Flywheel - CM IIR Clutch - Millenia IM - UR Pulley - IM Spacers - KL36 ECU
Macen

Post by Macen »

Yeah, I have them too. They are great. Have been at three meets on tracks and driven many, many laps, and they are still great.
I have 215x40/17".
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

It was raining about a week or so ago, I was changing lanes, and someone had left what looked like was giant tripod in the road, I went to dodge it, and my car never slid! Now I dont recommend u try that @ home, but I was really suprised on how well it handled int he rain @ 60MPH!

<small>[ August 19, 2004, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</small>
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

I've got the Falken 451's and it's the best set of tires I've owned. I know not the same, but close.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
kr

Post by kr »

I have the 502's at 205/40 17. Very good grip and they handle in rainy conditions as well.
Only downside is they don't like cold. Below 5-10 celsius and the rubber won't heat up properly making for a slippy tire.
Kristian Ravantti
-- MX-3 V6 '93, still mostly stock, hasn't left the garage in ~2 years --
Neil

Post by Neil »

I've got the 512 195/50/15 on my stock 15 rims and i gotta say they're awsome tires.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

I had the 512 205/40/17 They were decent tires. But i hated the look of the "curb protector" which doesn't work worth a damn. I'm definatly getting something else next time. Just because the look of the sidewall was so dumb. Try some nitto neo gen tires. You will forget what a falcon is.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”