Spring and Strut combo

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mightym0use5

Spring and Strut combo

Post by mightym0use5 »

Ok - I have been doing a lot of searching on spring and strut combinations. I have seen that people enjoy the mazdaspeed and H&R setup. I was wondering if the Intrax spring would give you a similar, but softer setup.
-Basically my question is which spring is stronger and will the mazdaspeed strut be able to handle the weakness of the intrax spring?
The reason I ask is because I want to use Mazdaspeed struts to be able to use 215/50/15 and I wouldn't be able to do that with the ZX2 struts. I want to use the Intrax springs because I already have them with my current setup (which is intrax and KYB - by the way it is a nice soft ride, but not too good for performance.) I wanted to upgrade for performance because I wanted to do some autocross racing. I also don't want to buy another set of springs if they are going to be similar. Please let me know what you guys think or any ideas in upgrading my suspension. - One more thing - I can't use the Koni inserts b/c one of my KYB struts is blown.(that is what you get from mixing a weak strut with a weak spring).
mightym0use5

Re: Spring and Strut combo

Post by mightym0use5 »

sorry for this post- but i forgot to mention that I had the GR-2 KYB not the super KYB. Any other suggestions on springs with mazdaspeed struts will be helpful also.
mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

If I use the zx2 struts with 5mm wheel spacer will I be able to use a 215/50/15 tire?
What

Post by What »

Going from a different car with intrax vs. H&Rs and both with Konis. the H&Rs had better turn in and little better control. The intrax definetely... sag/"setttle" a lot more over time.

The biggest improvement between the two to lap times would be in a good shock though. So the extra funds wouldn't really be justified (to me).

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”