Struts and Springs/Coilovers

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Neil

Struts and Springs/Coilovers

Post by Neil »

Ok before anyone yells at me i did do a search but i didnt find the answer in any of the other posts i looked at.. So i understand that with Lowering springs they only drop to what they're set at. And the ground control coilovers are adjustable.. Now i dont know anything when it comes to struts/springs etc. So now my question is what struts on the mx3 do you change when you get coilovers/lowering springs? Im sorry that this is a newbie question but i wanted to know. And what struts would go good with the ground control coilovers?
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Neil

Re: Struts and Springs/Coilovers

Post by Neil »

Forgot, ive got a 96 GS if that makes a difference when choosing struts.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Any struts by Tokico, Mazdaspeed,or Koni would go good with GC coils but if you wanna save money then call a ford dealer and order the struts for a ZX2, they are made my tokico and are cheap... theres a posting called \"strut questions".. go to it and it lists all part numbers for what you need - Just for **** sakes stay away from KYB struts and dropzones :roll: (shudder)
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Neil

Post by Neil »

Cool i printed that off and im going to look into that. Now if i dont get Ground Control coilovers. Will the ZX2 struts work good on Eibach springs? Im only looking for a 1 or 1.5 drop.

<small>[ March 25, 2004, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Didlin ]</small>
thebox

Post by thebox »

If you only want a 1-1.5 inch drop don't waste money on coilovers, buy H&R springs. They are like ~1.5 front ~1.3 rear drop. H&R springs are better than the eibach springs for our cars (my opinion, but I doubt you'll see any argument). I think they cost less too, like $200 from corksport. The Eibachs are like $250 aren't they?
1992 MX-3 GS

KLZE - Fidanza Flywheel - CM IIR Clutch - Millenia IM - UR Pulley - IM Spacers - KL36 ECU
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

I agree.. ive got H&Rs on my mx and they are damn good springs and will go well with ZX2 struts
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”