wondering what u have to say ?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Mo s Ricer

wondering what u have to say ?

Post by Mo s Ricer »

im gunna lower my cra tomm at my friends house with the tourch im wondering if any one can gimmie some tips for doing this any sugestions <p>i know i have to turn the wheel as much as i can so i can get to the spring but were on the spring do i heat it up and any other info would be healpfull thank you
mosricer is powerd by mx-3's,gen2 mr2's and of course SUBARU'S.
Live Life One Ride At A Time.
miztahfoolish

Re: wondering what u have to say ?

Post by miztahfoolish »

Take your struts out and pull the spring out to be safe its not that hard to do, or just take out the wheels at least.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p4db0456187afaea6516e8ae8416d551e/fc2a74e5.jpg
Purchased the MX-3 GS bone stock on Feb 03, 2003 for 2G's...Modifications so far...custom 2.5" aluminized piping Catback Exhaust with 3.5" Dual Tip Stainless Muffler, custom Short Ram Intake, 1.80 drop with ZX2 Tokico struts & Dropzone lowering springs, smoked sunroof & window wind deflectors, optional rear mud guards, Kenwood CD deck, 2 10" MTX 6000A subwoofers, Phoenix Gold X2200 amplifier, 6.5" Pioneer 200w 3-way front & rear speakers...<p>Parts sittin' in the garage: corksport MS style front bumper<p>Other project rides: 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS, 95 Mazda Protege LX...pictures at http://www.geocities.com/foolishheart08
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

This is the worst possible way to lower a car. You're taking SPRINGS, and making them brittle. Think about that for a little bit.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Let us know how it turns out dude.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

yeah!<p>send us the pics of your car when the springs rip and your car bottoms out, and causes you know what. not to mention if your in the car, wont be a good deal.....
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

if you're going to do it the wrong way, at LEAST take it to a person whose cut springs before and cut them. don't heat them.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

i'm thinking if you cut a compressed spring it's gonna snap real hard and break the car...or your face. good luck working with the torch in the wheel well too. keep us posted on how it works.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

If You cut it you'd have to take it off first. Thats what i did. Dude try the whole heating them up thing if you want, u never know. I bought the Intrax springs and installed them on my RS, and the drop was almost non-existant. I was pissed, so i took them off and cut my stock springs. Now for everyone that says its dangerous and stupid, i can now shove it in your face, it works out just fine when done properly. I have been driving on cut stock springs for about 6 months now and not a single problem. The handling is awesome, i was cruising through arizona mountain roads over 90 miles an hour and the thing was cutting the turns like butter.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Mo s Ricer

Post by Mo s Ricer »

well my buddy in his z28 camaro lowerd his ca like this and it worked out better then any lowering springs for his car and it only botems out on really big bumps nothing little it actully help his cornering and gave it a smother ride
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

For anyone wondering, THIS is why I sometimes act like a prick on this forum.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I have to add my two cents. This is the WORST thing you can do to your suspension. The springs are tempered from the factory and once you apply heat to them they are screwd. Save up and buy lowering springs. You are seriously going to screw things up by applying a hot torch to your spring. Everyone else that is reading this post...DONT DO IT!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Mo s Ricer

Post by Mo s Ricer »

im sorry that this post is makeing ppl angree and in no way at all im i permoting doing this to ur car i was wondering ur opinun
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

i dont think anyone in there right mind would take advice from someone who spells like that. This kid is why you see a kia sophia with type r stickers slammed into a ditch somewhere. Young kids are impatient and very few actually take the time to think about what they are doing, only the result. This kid sees a phat slammed mx3<p>I see a kid who is endagering the lives of others becuase hes to lazy to get a job and go about adding performance the correct way..spend a couple hundred and do it right<p>
just noticed hes in my town, that kinda scares me ;)<p>[ March 14, 2003: Message edited by: Ryencool ]</p>
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
Mo s Ricer

Post by Mo s Ricer »

1 i dont insalut u so dont ****in insult me aight the topic was wondering what u thought not lets rip on me and start some ****<p>2 its not my falut i was drunk when i was trying to type the last post and it dont help that im hung over right now<p>3 dont tell me im endarging ppl and ****in **** up and w/e that bull**** about type r sticker on a car im not a ****in complete retard<p>4 i have never hit a mother ****in thing cuz i dont drive all over town like a ****in imature child in there moms auto civic thinkin its a nascar<p>5 this post wasnt about giveing asny one advice so i dunno wtf ur talkin about<p>i personly think its ****ed up that a--holes can sit there and talk **** about me when all i asked was a simple what do u think question so ill tell ya what u wanna be an *** dont leave post in my topics
Mo s Ricer

Post by Mo s Ricer »

ok so edit ur post and make more coments i might be in ur town and even if i did slam my car by heating up the tourchs ud never ****in know

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”