hahaha.. A new electric supercharger - LOOK

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
manowar821
Supporting Member

hahaha.. A new electric supercharger - LOOK

Post by manowar821 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46098&item=7930695454&rd=1
18,000 rpm? woh..
I like this quote the best...
"this charger runs up to 1200 cfm. thats like adding 4-5 extra throttle bodies!!"

HAHA, how exactly does ADDING TB's increase performance? It kinds of shows the ignorance of this guy...
However, 1200 cfm with the flick of a switch, WOULD do something on an inline 4...

I doubt it actually adds 30-40 HP though...
If it did, I would jump on this. It would be like... "Safe NO2"
Acamori

Re: hahaha.. A new electric supercharger - LOOK

Post by Acamori »

i wonder if anyone else notices the distinct lack of pictures of the "supercharger". that thing is such a load of crap.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Holy crap! Someone actually bid on it! Who could it be? Who in the name of god could be so stupid?

30-40 whp?!?!?! Some turbo kits dont add that much.. They must be mad! We gotta buy one some day and see what the real deal is.. If I find one for 10 bucks somewhere Ill put it on my tracker. :D It has 80 hp now so if it comes out with 120-130 hp Ill be pleased.. Jeeze, I might even have to put a SAFC on it to set the fuel curve.. And then get an intercooler.. that little electric motor makes some heat I tell ya.. Geeze, with all this boost I am going to be runnin I might want to get a msd ignition for it.. and some 8mm wires.. gonna have to retard the timing some, I dont want my tracker engine to be pinging. I hope that the stock clutch can take the power and I dont toast it. Ill just double clutch* at 8000 rpm after I remove the 6500 limiter from the jeep.. I'd say I am going to have a hard time keeping the front wheels on the ground with all this power I am gonna be making.. I guess after I buy that I am going to have to buy 4 of these , The jeep is 4 wheel drive after all and I dont want to twist off an axle while I am staging it. wow.. well Ill keep you updated.. as soon as everyting gets here I am bringing it to the track.. Hopefully I will be in the 10's soon..

*NOTE: May not make sense.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Hey now... Dont laugh @ me! My wife needed a new hair dryer!!!

:laugh:
Neil

Post by Neil »

The local mazda guy here was trying to get me to bite into buying one of those, he gave me some speech about how a real turbo would be a waste of money when i can just get a electric and than he continued to say i could even twin electric turbo my car. I called bs soon as he started giving me the entire speech but the thing that bugged me most was it was my local mazda guy. I honestly dont know if there are working ones or not but they were saying somthing about the next rx-8 may come with one. :shrug: :confused2: http://rotarynews.com/?q=node/view/381 I found this post on that after the Mazda guy told me... But from reading that it sounds more like an electric motor for a regular turbo and not an electric turbo itself. :confused2: :confused2:

<small>[ October 27, 2004, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Didlin ]</small>
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

all that does is really help the turbo spool up faster
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

i think ive seen something new on 'rice market" a fake hood pin set that you just glue on lol
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

yah talking to some people thoes electric turbos or superchargers or whatever, really wouldent do anything unless it can get up to about 60,000RPM, which is about what i was told a small turbocharger turns out. waist of time and money. road in a civic with one all it did for the car is whine. their was no gain. at least one you could feal.

mitkes
iv seen thoes stick on hood pins on a little civic they had two real ones twards the center of the hood and two fake ones on the out side with two more up by the windshield and then had two on the trunk. its like what the hell.

wallmart around here sells thies plastic fake duel muffler tips that mount with two screws and stick to the side of your car. i actually saw this guy in a nissan sentura with them on both sides of the car and that crome door edging everywhere. its kinda amazing what some people think looks good.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

The only one that I've heard of having a positive increase on performance is this one from Thomas Kight Turbos.
boosthead.com
I'd be open to trying it if it wasn't so much $$$. Their ESC functions more like N2O since it's for approx 15 sec bursts since you have to recharge the separate power source after using it. Either you charge it up at home or let it slowly charge up with your alternator after it has been used. Not a bad idea but I'm sure it's bloody heavy...
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
mx3dude
Supporting Member

Post by mx3dude »

Actually, that Knight electric supercharger weighs around 17lbs total. I'm thinking about getting it, but I'm trying to do more research on it first.
95' MX-3 RS, front and rear stabilizer bars, B&M short shifter, homemade ground kit, all power options just installed, passport 8500 X50 radar detector (+15HP, -8mpg, +20mi/hr top end on the highway)
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Actually there was a canadian company that made turbos with an aux. high rpm electric motor back in about 1995-1996. They did work well on industrial diesels to reduce smoke. but that the time electric motor technology wasn't small enough to make a motor with high enough RPMs and enough torque to turn the compressor and turbine.

Technology does exist the could produce a electric powered compressor. In my industrial equipment catalogs I could order up a 12V re-gen fan that could produce 22-28psi at 275CFM through a 2.25" tube for about CN$300 there are about the size of a Vortex S/C and draw about 25amps
Neil wrote: I honestly dont know if there are working ones or not but they were saying somthing about the next rx-8 may come with one. :shrug: :confused2: http://rotarynews.com/?q=node/view/381 I found this post on that after the Mazda guy told me... But from reading that it sounds more like an electric motor for a regular turbo and not an electric turbo itself. :confused2: :confused2:

<small>[ October 27, 2004, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Didlin ]</small>
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

manowar821 wrote:HAHA, how exactly does ADDING TB's increase performance?
You should read up on individual throttle bodies (itb's)
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

The 3 of you do realize this thread is over a year and a half old, right? :confused2:
mx3dude
Supporting Member

Post by mx3dude »

LMAO!! Holly hell I didn't, but it's good. We're just making it that much better for future searchers. Better than creating a new thread right? Recycle, Reduce, Reuse and close the loop. LOL
95' MX-3 RS, front and rear stabilizer bars, B&M short shifter, homemade ground kit, all power options just installed, passport 8500 X50 radar detector (+15HP, -8mpg, +20mi/hr top end on the highway)

Return to “Forced Induction”