FC turbo II intercooler?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
illicitQ

FC turbo II intercooler?

Post by illicitQ »

i can get on for really cheap. would it be alright wih the bpt?
92 RS: BPT, evo front mount, custom 2.5 in IC pipes, apex-i SAFC- II, GReddy type-RS BOV, rear disc swap, GTX front strutbar, oem GS lower rear tie bar, Topspeed1 axle back exhaust, 15" TSW wrapped in yokohamas, power window swap. NOT INSTALLED: GReddy turbo timer and CS downpipe.
OsoSlo z28

Re: FC turbo II intercooler?

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

depends. where will it be mounted? how much boost? for a stock boost level and mounted up front, you'll be fine.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

I have one. My brother has one just lying around... I thought of useing it. Post if you use it and location and whatnot.
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

i was thinkin about mounting it on top. it would be cool to have a hood scoop thats functional.
92 RS: BPT, evo front mount, custom 2.5 in IC pipes, apex-i SAFC- II, GReddy type-RS BOV, rear disc swap, GTX front strutbar, oem GS lower rear tie bar, Topspeed1 axle back exhaust, 15" TSW wrapped in yokohamas, power window swap. NOT INSTALLED: GReddy turbo timer and CS downpipe.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

If you had it on top, the air probably wouldn't be as cool as if it was on the front...you'd get better air flow if you had it on the front also.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Well seeing that the TII IC is made to be a Top Mount, That air will be just as cold. You just need a functional Hood scoop. Some ppl just guess on placement that i have seen. SO mayeb look at some air diagrams if you can find some and get a nice placement.
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

by air diagrams do you mean aerodynamics diagrams? i think this would be a unique idea. plus im kinda on a budget.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Well it wouldn't be too hard. get some real fine dust and a high performance fan, Put the dust into the fan and see where the most Dust goes. Where the most dust goes in theory is where the most air would go when driveing. Then Make you scoop there. Just a guess on how to do it but whatever works...
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

heres what i narrowed it down to.. the new celica's, the new mustang GT, or the FC turbo II hood scoop styles.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

I would still go for the FC one and make a custom Scoop and whatnot. I talked to the local Machanic and he said if you put a nice tall scoop like off of an WRX or STI or similar style that would work perfect.
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

yea im considering that STI scoop too. i wanna do something original and stylish. :D
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

it would look tight... I need to get photoshop....
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

ever notice wrx/sti upgrades include a front mount intercooler? more effecient. it's one thing if you want the looks, but a fmic is a more effecient setup.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Well thats cuz Top mounts are only so big. You can't have a monsterous one like you can on a fmic. And if you got a Top Mount for cheap might as well have fun with it.
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Thats What I have planned to do for my V6 turbo set up. I have the FX Series I fiber glass hood w/ functioning scoop and I decided it would be a good place. I have a large air flow though the scoop when driving. but the down side is when your stopped heat flows up wards through the scoop While a FMIC is getting air pulled through by you fan when stopped. So If you could mount a fan on the TMIC it would be AS EFECTIVE AS a FMIC with the same dementions.

Return to “Forced Induction”