BAD news

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
ryanlindenberg

BAD news

Post by ryanlindenberg »

well i just got done checking the compression on my BPT:
cyl. 1 came to 100 and the rest were 125-130. :( looks like i'm probably going to have to throw the stock motor back in....damn you corksport, damn you. this really pisses me off since i've spent so much time already on this.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
DavidOS

Re: BAD news

Post by DavidOS »

ouch
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

are you gonna send it back? what they say about it
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

send it back they say they test all there motors
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

yea i'll contact them but i'm sure they'll give me some BS about how it's been almost a year since i purchased it and i have no proof that i havn't been using it since then but i'll see what they say...i don't really have time to mess around with shipping engines back and forth since college starts in 3 weeks and i definetly need a car.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

corksport sells the most crapiest engines, i know 4 guys now that have got there motors from corksport and they've had to do rebuilds or the engine was just 100% crap and had to get another engine.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Dont throw inthe twoel just yet.

How long have you had the motor? Notify cork sport about it yes, to be sure. BUT Drive on it some. Motors that sit for a while loose compresion, its very common for junkyard motors to lose compression but after being driven around for a period or time they will gain it back.

If you have run it for a while already and you Still dont have compression then you have something to worry about.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

i put a total of about 90 miles on it, before i tested the compression. oil coming out of the downpipe probably isn't a good sign either. that's why i ended up testing it because it was smoking like mad.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Hope you are able to get something sorted out with Corksport...cause this sux major.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

I hope you can work out something also..

of course having sat on the engine for almost a year before you installed it isn't going to make things any easier. I'm sure you had good reasons for doing that.. (I can't imagine buying a new motor and not wanting it installed RIGHT away.. :D )

I mean think about it from the other guys point of view, you sell an engine to someone, supposedly your techs looked at it and said it tested OK. A year later you hear from the guy and he claims to have just installed it, and says there's a problem... What would you think?

I suppose if you had a reputable shop do the installation they can vounch for how it was installed, when it was installed, etc. That might help.

but like I said, consider the other guy's perspective to have an engine come back a year later.. how do you provide them with some assurance that you are being truthful..
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

yea that's why i didn't expect that they would do anything about it since it had been so long...but i got an email from them and i guess the motor is actually from BLT. i had purchased the engine from someone else while corksport had it at their shop...i guess the guy who bought it first bought it from BLT then had it shipped to corksport for some reason and then sold it too me. i dunno, i can't find any info on BLT tuning. anyone have a website or anything.
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

OK let me see if I understand this

Some fellow buys this motor from a tuning place named after a sandwich. He has it shipped to Cork sport (perhaps planning on them doing the install for him?) then something happens (car totaled? ran out of funds?) and he decides to sell the engine instead of using it.

You end up buying the engine.. and it's shipped from cork sport to you?

So it never really was a corksport engine, and they never tested it because in this instance they didn't actually 'own' the engine..

did I get that right?
{sigh} Time to move on
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

actually the place blt (barely legal transplants) is run by a guy that knows damn near everything about the mazda (bp)(bpt gtx)(bpt gtr). he used to post under turboge i believe. he sold me a haltech as well as ashley.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

Well maybe there's hope yet then.. if the guy is reputable and stands behind his stuff.. (presuming he can be convinced that the engine has not been in a car all this time)
{sigh} Time to move on
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

yea you pretty much have the story right, the guy sold me the GTX because corksport had found him a GTR instead. now if only i could find some info on barely legal transplants...their website used to be www.barelylegaltransplants.com but it doesn't work anymore.

Return to “Forced Induction”