anyone kept A/C with their BPT swap?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
ryanlindenberg

anyone kept A/C with their BPT swap?

Post by ryanlindenberg »

hey has anyone kept their A/C with their BPT swap? i'm running the haltech FMU and i need to know how to get my A/C working again. thanks for the help.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
jaydog5678

Re: anyone kept A/C with their BPT swap?

Post by jaydog5678 »

Nah, who needs that.? :p

Besides, your in Minnesota. It's cold more than have the time. :idea:
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

well i for one am in texas and would love for someone to figure this out. i had a/c before the haltech and since i have the haltech it dsoesnt work and would love to have the a/c. i think the relay just needs to be moved to a toggle switch to make it run or not but i dont know where the relay is.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

The relay is on the firewall, on the passenger side, IIRC.

<small>[ July 31, 2004, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: jaydog5678 ]</small>
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

yeah, the relay is up in the passenger side/firewall corner. you can use a pwm to run the a/c.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

DUDE, you live in Minnesota?! What part? I live in Minnetonka/Minneapolis area. We should chill some time.
Oh and hold on Jaydog5678, MN gets hot man, AC is nice in the summer. TRUST me... We get around 90-100 F. sometimes. I love my AC
I don't know the answer, I was just like "MN MX3 PERSON?! awesome!" I've only got the sohc 92, and I plan on keeping it and getting the turbo kit for it.

Peace man, and E-mail me or something: manowar8211@yahoo.com
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

Originally posted by manowar821:
DUDE, you live in Minnesota?! What part? I live in Minnetonka/Minneapolis area. We should chill some time.
{que the 'it's a small world' theme}

heh. I live in the Seattle area now, but I grew up in MN.. the Village of Deephaven to be more exact.. (between Wayzata and Excelsior) about 6 blocks from St Louis Bay on Lake Minnetonka.. Whereabouts are you at?
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

i live in the north western part of MN up by Grand Forks, ND. i had the DOHC swapped in the BPT found out 2 days ago that the motor is crap, and now am almost done swapping back to the b6. don't buy stuff from corksport, they suck. i bought the MS style front from them...it had 3 air pockets and was so thin i had to reinforce it. bought a stainless clutch line, doesn't completely fit into the bracket thing but i made it work. bought a BPT that is supposedly tested before being shipped, compression is way low on cyl. 1. i actually havn't bought anything that is produced by them that worked correctly. i bought my clutch from them, that worked fine but that was made by ACT.

i was just in the St. Paul area about a week ago, on Lake minnetonka. my friend lives in deephaven. it's really nice there.

<small>[ August 01, 2004, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: ryanlindenberg ]</small>
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

I live about 8 minutes west of uptown (my favorite place) on highway 7.
I went searching for other MN people on this site, there are quite a few!
Then I thought "man, we should have an MX-3 meet or something" we could drive around a bit, and then chill somewhere. Get food or take a trip to a track and ****. Theres a track just 40 or so miles west of the Twin Cities I belive...
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

Originally posted by ryanlindenberg:
bought a BPT that is supposedly tested before being shipped, compression is way low on cyl. 1.
I saw your post about that, that sucks a lot man.. I thought that corksport was nice but I guess not. I wasn't planning on getting anything from them though, I decided to turbo the 1.6 sohc!
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

I kept my ac when I swapped.. I dont have a haltech or anything I am using the mx3 ecu with a a'pexi safc on it. The ac works perfectly.. All I did was just bolt the compressor that was on the mx originally right to the new engine.. It works like a charm. There is a wire that has to attach to the top of the compressor.. Make sure that is plugged in.. It might be easy to miss because it is so small..
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

Well my AC works with my BPT, but it gets hot, they told me it is because I need to put in a fan and then it will be fine, but I never got around to it since when I drive it in the spring/summer/fall, I have the windows down and the radio up...but maybe it is something I will do this year.
nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

you guys with an AC in a bpt: have any of your acs failed or leaked from the excessive turbo heat?

did you protect your ac in any way?
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

No AC here, need room for downpipe :P
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i don't know about heltech but i have seen many older miata guys that will not give up there a/c of curse they used a TEC II OR III and still retaind there a/c with the boosted miata. talk about picky worse than corvette owners.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “Forced Induction”