New to MX3s. Do MX3s have any aftermarket support?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions

New to MX3s. Do MX3s have any aftermarket support?

Post by Guest »

I own a 93 V6 (1.8L) MX3 but I have heard from some people that MX3s dont have any aftermarket support at all like turbos, super chargers, intake manifolds, cylinder heads, cams, ect except for a small 4-7hp intake and a 100HP NOS.
Is this true?

I have also heard that there is a different Mazda engine that has enough aftermarket support to reach about 450hp with 150hp NOS. Is this true and if so, can someone give me the name of the engine, a link to a site or faqs about the engine.

By the way, would you guys call me crazy if I was to say uhh... buy a Ford 5.0L engine (that were being used for Mustangs sense 1984 to 1995)? :D Would it even fit on the MX3 engine compartment? :D
I know I would have to change alot of stuff in the car like the transmission and alot of other things but I just want to know because the 5.0 V8 engine have tons of aftermarket suport.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Re: New to MX3s. Do MX3s have any aftermarket support?

Post by atlantamx3 »

Not a whole lot, but its growing beleive it or not.

The MX-3 will never be a Honda... but we can make power in other ways and do custom turbo & supercharger setups.

Also-- be sure not to post the exact same post in different sections of the forum. I saw your other post in the V6 section. :freak:

One post is enough... people will see it.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

The 5.0 might fit in the engine compartment...I don't know the demensionos of either. That wouldnt be the hard part, assuming it was a tight fit. The difficult task would be converting the car to RWD, which I'm quite sure would be needed for that engine. But hey... I dont know much on the subject; I'm just saying what I think would be the case. Some one correct me if I'm wrong please.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

1: stop double posting the exact same topic

2: stop posting 2 threads in forums which contain question that have been answered 1000 times in the past

3: do a FRIGGIN SEARCH already!

4: Stop spouting off moronic "hp gain" claims and asking other people what will give you HP. Do some research and maybe you'll learn something.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

lol Harlem...owned :freak: :laugh:
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

:werd:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
MI-Archangel

Post by MI-Archangel »

i gotta say, i was prretty bad when i started hell most are. Takes awhile to use search. but this guy Just get lost already man.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”