Pics of the MONI-PIT

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
JWMotorsports

Pics of the MONI-PIT

Post by JWMotorsports »

I've got some pics of my car I'd like to post. Who can help me out here??? Just tell me what to do please so I can give you guys a peep into the world of my custom creation! ;)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
jpwmx3

Re: Pics of the MONI-PIT

Post by jpwmx3 »

With the pictures located on your computer, click on a picture to bring it up into your internet browser. next, right click on the image and you will see the address URL in the pop-up window. Copy that address to your post using the IMAGE instant UBB code button.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

THats not going to work... They HAVE to be on the internet hosted. Get a cardoin website.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Which sites might you suggest???
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Ok I found a site and quickly got this profile made. Check me out! ;) <p>http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=354836
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

the link works! Now you can see my car!
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

nice setup, but ive never liked the colored hoses and stuff. :shrug:
i also have the protege drivetrain. pretty built though, and stage 3 axles. let me know if you need any clutches or anything, i have many collected parts laying around.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Hey boosted, who did you get to do the tranny? What all did you have done? The only problem I had with my tranny swap is the driver side axle is almost to short. Any shorter and it would rip apart, LITERALLY! I had bought a rebuilt axle from Auto Zone for a 90-94 Protege LX. It measured like 3/4 of an inch shorter than the stock Pro-LX axle I got from the junkyard with the tranny and flywheel. Did you have any problems like this?
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

P.S.<p>The Auto Zone axle ripped apart at the Universal Joint. I heard it pop when I backed out of the garage. I thought it was just the coil over helper spring. The out of the driveway, I gave it a little gas and it ripped it in half. Needle bearings went EVERY WHERE!
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

i bought the drivetrain off of dave lauzier after he had just sent it away to be built. the first one he had held 600+hp. this one sould hold more. and the racing axles were made for the mx3 with the protege drivetrain so there were no problems.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Your a VERY luck person! Mine was just time consuming. The place I got the drive train from didn't send the tranny brackets with it. So after them sending my the wrong ones 3 times in a row I got pissed off and decided to make it work my self. This was 3weeks of waiting. Well good ole stuborn me decided to modify the F25M-R brackets. I drilled new bolts holes in the front mount, ordered the top mount from Corksport, then the back mounts was a matter of tightning the bolts down untill the squeezed the bracket tight on the bell housing. As for the passenger side half shaft mount, I had to grind off the finger loop on it. The the top bolt hole in the braket had to be sloted to the left. The bottom right mounting hole had to be drilled after grinding away some of the raised part of the mount in the center beside the original hole. As for the bottom left bolt hole there is NO braket over it but it is RIGHT beside it. So I used a heavy duty washer on a heavy duty bolt and clamped on to the side of it. Every thing so far has held up very well!
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

I thought you were using the B6T not the BPT? Dave was using a heavily beefed up BP, at least thats what an article I read about him said. The reason I had problems is because the B6 series blocks are physicaly shorter than the BP series block. How tha.....did that work out for you??? Did you have the axles made for this B6 block BP tranny setup?
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

no they were made for his setup but fit with a little drilling as you said. not much work for the gains though. i had heard that the protege brackets wouldnt fit so i thought i had no other choice but to drill. ill take some pics shortly when i have access to a digital camera again.
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jpwmx3:
With the pictures located on your computer, click on a picture to bring it up into your internet browser. next, right click on the image and you will see the address URL in the pop-up window. Copy that address to your post using the IMAGE instant UBB code button.<hr></blockquote><p>LOL. You can see your picture in your sig (file:///C:/mx3-2a.jpg) but nobody else can. We just see a red X.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

I've got pics of my half shaft bracket up on my page now, this is after I machined it and drilled it.

Return to “Forced Induction”