ITS ALIVE!!!!!! (for real)

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Shady469
Supporting Member

ITS ALIVE!!!!!! (for real)

Post by Shady469 »

*joy* its running! no smoke, idles, and drives. BUT!(you know there would be one..) it will go fine partial throttle until like 3,500/4k then boggs and doesnt want to idle.im thinking thats its a combo of the s-afc and that the bov leaks at idle(havent had time to weld on the blitz and cant recirculate the stock one). but man oh man its nice to hear a turbo spool...<p>[ April 17, 2003: Message edited by: Shady469 ]</p>
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
jap

Re: ITS ALIVE!!!!!! (for real)

Post by jap »

Its the headgasket. If you know how to change the timing belt on your car,then you can change the headgasket yourself.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

No it isn't the head gasket. I had to change several settings in the Super-AFC. It was running so rich it was almost killing it! It's running MUCH better now, but I can't tune it till he gets a new O2 sensor. A few little things hear & there & it'll be read to take to the strip.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

yeah make sure you read the instructions for the S-AFC :roll:
many thanx to JWMotorsports... without his help i know it wouldnt be running.
hit another bump in the road... the 1st injector had a little leak at the manifold so i cranked the fuel rail on down and, yep you guessed it, snapped the bolt.i replaced the o2 sensor and its still reading rich... i think i need to tap in at the ecu harness.
it was a bunch of little things that kept her from running and now a bunch of little things kepping me from driving... but she runs and man o man does she purr....
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale

Return to “Forced Induction”