Vacuum hose on stock intake...

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Shades

Vacuum hose on stock intake...

Post by Shades »

Ok correct me if I'm wrong, there is a hose from the exhaust manifold to the filter box? Yes/No<P>Now I am going to be building my custom intake and I want to move the hose.<BR>For those of you who have custom intakes what did you do and use? <BR>What would I be looking for at Home Depot or somewhere, to make a stem come out of my new piping?<P>Oh one more question, what does the resonance chamber do?<p>[ July 31, 2002: Message edited by: Shades ]
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
ProtegeSTS

Re: Vacuum hose on stock intake...

Post by ProtegeSTS »

no<P>plumbing piping and PVC pipe work well<P>it resonates to control the pulses of air as your engine opens each valve.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Shades

Post by Shades »

Do I need to hook up the resonance chamber if I make my own intake?

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

curtklze

Post by curtklze »

That little vaccume hose on the side of the air cleaner lid gose to the EGR vent control solinoide.<P>It isn't realy nessessary.<P>You dont need a resonance chamber.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Shades

Post by Shades »

I found that I do need to hook up my hose to the EGR vent control solinoide or else my car really does wierd stuff... just maybe my car. It'll really struggle up to 3000rpm's and then be normal... in every gear... it's stick. Trust me I need to hook it up... which I did today... drilled a hole behind the MAF or VAF (don't know which one I have)... got a little nipple for it. Heh heh, I said nipple... anyways... now I got my cone air filter on... sucking hot air. This week I'll work on making it suck cold air.

Gkreator

Post by Gkreator »

I have my vacuum hose hanging and don't have any problems. However since I just got a zex N20 kit, looks like I'll be needing that nipple too. lol.
Dave Hyatt
94 Teal MX-3 RS 5 Speed
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gkreator_inside (New Pics!)
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

What do's this have to do with forced induction? :shrug:

<small>[ December 11, 2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: mrspanky79 ]</small>
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

IF your egr system is working properly, you dont have to have that hose going to your air filter housing lid, the hose goes to your EGR solinoid, The EGR is turned on with vacume, when it shuts off, it needs to equilize the pressure difference (one side of the EGR diaphrame has vacume one dont) so when you release the vaccume to the EGR air has to fill that space inside the EGR, so there is a hose that goes to the air filter lid so that only filtered clean air goes into the EGR, this makes the EGR last longer.

SO it makes no difference if the hose is attached to the lid or not, its just gonna suck dirty air insted of clean air.

Thinf of this, if you take out your air filter does the engine still run. of course it does.

but if you have mixed up all the vaccume lines by the box (EGR, and Fuel pressure) then you might have some problems.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.

Return to “Forced Induction”