KL-ZE nitrous question

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
pureplaya_1969

KL-ZE nitrous question

Post by pureplaya_1969 »

[img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] I'm doing the kl-ze swap soon to my gs and I want to throw some nitrous in when I finish. What you suggest for a brand and how many shot. I don't know too much about it. Any responses are appreciated. Thanks.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: KL-ZE nitrous question

Post by Custommx3 »

its a high compression motor, it wont take alot of boost, 4-5 PSI may be pushing it when dealing with a turbo or SC. Id be weary about spending all that money on a motor, then blowing it up w/ nitrous.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Sean has run upwards of 6psi on his KLZE turbocharged engine. Integra GSR's and ITR's have 10.6:1 CR, and run nitrous all the time, and we have better induced valve angles than the B18C head. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>I'd recommend a 50 wet shot and work from there. Talk to the guys on Probetalk.com in the nitrous forum for more information. Jeff Jeske is running a NX wet kit on a ZE around 80 shot with no troubles after a dozen or so bottles.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

a guy I know that I went to the track with a couple times has a gsr and zex 50 this is a example but the guy was a little nos happy 14 of 15 runs he used nos no breaks in between runs and a couple days later tick tick tick and #2,3 have nearly no compression <BR>if you get nos use it once and a while don't cruise around town hittin the button all the time
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

ya a wet nitrous express system is your best bet for safety and quality....a 50 shot will be good plus you get around 100 lbs/ft of torque to go with it...cheack this out for alittel info on nitrous....http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0205it_nitrous/
Steve
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

dave.. jeske isnt running his ZE.. he;s running his 03 right now... unless he changed it in the last week ??? he said he was saving the ze till he screwed this motor up...
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
platinum MX

Post by platinum MX »

ive been using zex and have no probs at all
Dave<BR>93 Mx-3 GS SE *under construction*<BR>95 Prelude *3rd place at Carlisle Custom Compact Nationals 2002 92+ Prelude Wild class*

Return to “Forced Induction”