Speedhut gauge installation question

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Blindmelon

Speedhut gauge installation question

Post by Blindmelon »

The last time I attempted to install my reverse glo gauges I bought from Speedhut, I got them in and working but broke the needle on my fuel gauge cause I couldn't figure out how to get the new face over the 2 needles and the pin for the clock controls on the fuel/temp gauge.I really don't want to have to do this again so I'm going to ask those of you who have done this successfully, how did you do it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Second place is the first loser.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: Speedhut gauge installation question

Post by 2fazed »

The easiest way is to unscrew the three screws on the back to the fuel and temp gauge. You can then move them to line up while you slip the face on the needle. I have the Speedhut ones, and they fit perfectly.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
littleindianboy

Post by littleindianboy »

That junk isn't too hard. I slid the guage over the clock pin, then I just moved the needles around until they both went through. Just a little play time, that's all. When you hook up the power for the transformer, make sure you hook it up behind the illumination control. You can catch parking lights at the harness at the top of the fuse box, and it will read 12V, but it doesn't carry enough current for the Xformer. Enjoy.
Jon_Carnie

Post by Jon_Carnie »

yea you just have to play around with the temp and fuel needles for a bit, they will go, just be patient, and they are pretty flexible too. i just wired mine up to the wires right behind my dimmer switch, worked fine for me..
Taras

Post by Taras »

Originally posted by 2fazed:
The easiest way is to unscrew the three screws on the back to the fuel and temp gauge. You can then move them to line up while you slip the face on the needle. I have the Speedhut ones, and they fit perfectly.
Ditto that. Worked for me as well.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “Appearance”