Body Kit/Bumper recommendation

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
bikeguy18974

Body Kit/Bumper recommendation

Post by bikeguy18974 »

Hey guys I'm new here but have read through the aftermarket kit list and the first two pages of this board. <p>I am looking for, definitely, a front bumper and possibly a whole kit for my 93 GS. My front bumper was in a little fender bender so if possible I'd be looking to replace the whole thing. <p>Who makes the best kit/bumper. The things I'm most interested in are good fit and long term quality. I plan on keeping the car at stock suspension height and don't want the thing hitting the ground (ie don't want the bumper to much lower than stock w/ stock air dam). I like the sharp edge look over the round look. The one i've seen that i like the best so far was the fx designs series 2, but I also read here their quality might not be great and their fit might not be great, plus it might be too low.<p>Can anyone help me out? Links, pics, etc. Thanks Dave.
Johns93GS

Re: Body Kit/Bumper recommendation

Post by Johns93GS »

Hi there, if you are looking for a replacement bumper that sits at stock height, definately check out Corksport. They make a replica of the Mazdaspeed bumper which is definately one of the nicer bumpers out there! (I have it :)
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

the lower lip on my MS bumper made by corksport was so thin that there was tiny crack from the shipping. the rest of it was fine but i think they need to beef up the lower part. i reinforced it with 2 layers of woven fiberglass, sanded off the cracked part and filled it with fiberglass. now it's at least 4 times stronger. there are also some lumps and things but i was expecting that.<p>but, i'm still happy with it :)
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
bikeguy18974

Post by bikeguy18974 »

What about erebuni? Their stuff any good. I found one of their styles that I kind of like plus there's a shop that sells their stuff local to me. It looks like the same style is also made by Topmix but they are in Hong Kong, right?<p>If they're no good I'll probably go with the Corksport. Thanks again for the help.
Balhirath

Post by Balhirath »

Yeah. Mazdaspeed or the Corksport look-a-alike are very nice.
Also take a look at PosterT's front at PosterT<p>It actually look cool, but the only one I can think of that have a picture of it other than themselves is Manfrad Schwanker from the universal Owners reg.
The picts are here: Manfred Schwankers MX-3<p>Check it out and good luck :)

Return to “Appearance”