Clear Tail Light Problem

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Moc5Mazda

Clear Tail Light Problem

Post by Moc5Mazda »

I have recently bought clear tail lights from 3x Racing. I have only had them on maybe a month and one side is just getting covered in moisture in the inside. I know that itr is due to not being sealed properly but how to I go about doing that so it doesn't look like crap?
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Re: Clear Tail Light Problem

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

i got mine from the same guy/place, and the same thing happened...
im not sure how to fix it yet
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

r u talking about altezzas or actually clear tail lights? if there really clear tail lights, where did u get them? do they have a website? i am looking for clear tails.
MX3BOMB

Post by MX3BOMB »

do you think maybe if you re silicone the edges and maybe drill a small hole in the bottom for it to breath that that would help?????
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

welcome to the club,,,,, :D :D
its been a known problem since whenever,,,,
2 solutions; smash it over the head of the person who made them,, save yourself a life sentence and bare with this problem,,, :D
DVH

Post by DVH »

Its cuz they suck and they are cheap! IM sure they don't get moisture in them on the proper car they are supposed to be on, like a toyota Altezza......lol! NOw u guys starting to see a little why i hate on these piece of sh*ts sooo much! MIne did the same thing! i fixed the problem but still! :mad:
when u guys goin learn!
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Moc5Mazda

Post by Moc5Mazda »

I am going to email the company to see what they say i could do. I post something if they tell me any thing.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

i know what they will tell you "Go fly a kite"
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

The toyota altezza wasn't the first to have the altezza tail lights. They simply took something popular and made it factory. You will notice a lot of cars have these problems, even from the factory, heres a list of cars I've seen with foggy lights due to moisture, 1.) headlights on 350Z 2.)'03 celica headlights at dealership 3.) crx tailights 4.) lexus suv, (altezza styled, factory) 5.)'92 honda civic headlights 6.) 99 civic ex headlights
the list goes on. Its just the lights not being able to seal against all reminants of moisture, make sure its sealed properly, the moisture goes away when you start driving for a while anyways. I don't personally have altezzas, but my friend does, no sealing problems, but problems like yours will go away when summer comes along.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
DVH

Post by DVH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 992mmx3:
but problems like yours will go away when summer comes along.<hr></blockquote><p>Guarantee when summer comes the problem won't go away! I had these first in ONtario pretty much and it was summer and then fall and then winter, the moisture prob was always there... as for the toyota altezza car not being the first car with altezz'a, well im soory sir, i thought it was. My bad! HOw bout u bite my as* off! oh wait u did! lol.....calm down bro
All im sayin is for that much money, is that hard for the company to seal them correctly, now common, thats a valid complaint! Right guys ??
Anyways, thats pretty much my reason for hating them and that i personally don't like them.
thats all im goin say.........later felow mxers!
;)
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DVH:
[QB]<p> as for the toyota altezza car not being the first car with altezz'a, well im soory sir, i thought it was. My bad! HOw bout u bite my as* off! oh wait u did! lol.....calm down bro<p>Uuuuuhhh, I was never mad or anything, just correcting some misinformation. Just like you corrected my misinformation. :shrug:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

if its sealed properly on the lens, check the port where you put the bulbs in.. there should be SOME type of leak there.. if not, then there should be no reason for your altezzas to moisture up.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

blow dryer and some silicon worked for me. :shrug: <p>If moisture had a means to enter, it has a means to exit. Use whatever method you want to dry it out then seal em. Costs ya 2 bucks and 15 mins.<p>DVH, its cool that you have your negative opinion on the altezzas available for the mx-3, but at no point did he ask for opinion in his post. If you dont want to answer the question, simply dont replay. Alot of the conflicts on this board would be settled with a little resolve.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Moc5Mazda

Post by Moc5Mazda »

Did you take it apart? If so is it that hard?
BlazerCrew

Post by BlazerCrew »

This is what i did. I took both of them off. put on the stock ones. left the altezzas in my house on top of a vent for a couple days. then put silicon around them. It should work for you.
Mx-3's rule

Return to “Appearance”