What I did today

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
BlazerCrew

What I did today

Post by BlazerCrew »

I used to have the 3 plug-in adapter shoved in my blank space under the deck with 2 neons under dash and i used to just toss one in back. It looked so tack with all the wires so today I got a little more fancy. I bought the 4 plug in adapter and put silicon glue on it and mounted it sideways behind the center console thing. Then hid the wires so you don't seem them. I have 2 under the dash now and 2 long ones drilled into the back seat. Then I ran the power from the cigarette to the adaptor through a switch and put the switch in the rectangle next to the brake handle. I drilled holes and ran the wires out the bottom and now I have all 4 neons on 1 switch and I can decide which ones I want on or not by just unplugging them from the adaptor. Just thought I'd share my day with you guys.
under drivers side<p>
From the back with hatch open.<p>[ February 09, 2003: Message edited by: SilviaMx3 ]</p>
Mx-3's rule
Talon_66

Re: What I did today

Post by Talon_66 »

Looks good
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

Sweeet - don't fry yourself with all those wires!! :D - Looks awesome!
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

looks good bro. ive wanted to do that for about a year now , but have never gotten to buying the neons and installing them. i love the look when it is done propely( when u can see the glare but not the acutal neon), and am prety disgusted when u can see the bulbs and all the wiring. <p>good job
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Guy, not to say anything but you didn't need to use the cigerette lighter adapter lol, your making too much work for yourself. You just cut off the cigerette lighter plug and hook the neons up by hardwiring them
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

be careful with hardwiring too...might mess something up.<p>looks good bro same setup as mine except its wired to a switch which is also wired to an led indicator light to turn on/off so i know if it's on or not.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

as long as you know which wire is positive and which is negative, you should be fine. if you do it backwards, you gotta go buy more neon
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Paragon:
as long as you know which wire is positive and which is negative, you should be fine. if you do it backwards, you gotta go buy more neon<hr></blockquote><p>Not true on all neons. I did that to my Ichibahn Neons and my Eurolite neons before by accident and they never came on, but when I reversed the polarity they came right back on and were fine.
BlazerCrew

Post by BlazerCrew »

I wont be doing any hard wiring. I'm a little paranoid when it comes to doing stuff myself... I knew with the cigarette lighter if I messed up it wasn't a big deal. Thanks for the comments. Hey hopefully soon I'll have the underkit to match!!
Mx-3's rule
Mo s Ricer

Post by Mo s Ricer »

u also gotta be carefull what kinda neon u cut the cig plug thing off of some cant be hard wired a buddy of mine got some neons choped off the end and next thing ya no he reads the fine print on the back of the box saying do not cut of cigg plug thing and so he tryed any way and no mater what it wouldnt work. he ever tryed putting the end back on and still didnt work
mosricer is powerd by mx-3's,gen2 mr2's and of course SUBARU'S.
Live Life One Ride At A Time.
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mo s Ricer:
u also gotta be carefull what kinda neon u cut the cig plug thing off of some cant be hard wired a buddy of mine got some neons choped off the end and next thing ya no he reads the fine print on the back of the box saying do not cut of cigg plug thing and so he tryed any way and no mater what it wouldnt work. he ever tryed putting the end back on and still didnt work<hr></blockquote><p>Thats some gay neon then lol. Must have had the transformer and all the electronics in the plug, but that would be some big looking plug, and a dumb idea to boot knowing people like to hardwire them.<p>What brand was it. I have never seen a brand that didn't let you hard wire them.

Return to “Appearance”