Hi! New owner!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
NonServiam

Hi! New owner!

Post by NonServiam »

Hi guys! New MX-3 owner from Norway here. Please excuse me if I haven't got all the right car lingo down, English is not my mother tongue, and I'm a bit unsure on some of the words. Please correct me when I'm way off track on the terminology, I want to make myself understood here.

The car is a black '92 V6, with some work done on it already. Koni struts, H&R springs, Sebring exhaust, Porsche Boxer leather seats (comfy!), Vector steering wheel (& gear shifter knob), 17" alu rims on 225 summer set of wheels (14" alu on my 185 winter wheels, I'm not crazy). It has gone 160 000 km already, so it isn't like a spring chicken, but still feels really tight. Most work was done in 2001.

What needs to be done:

The gear shifting is rather rough from 1st to 2nd. Gotta get that checked out. Could just be old gear oil? Or something moneysucking ...

Sound system. No HU and there are still stock speakers in. The Pioneer 7500MP looks nice, but I'd better head to the right forum for that ...

Gauges. Translucent white gauges which look excellent in daylight, but horrible with backlight at night. Very uneven lighting, I can see the wires and stuff behind them. Any suggestions?

Intake is stock. Might do something about that.

Anyway, winter is not the best time for fixing stuff here, especially since I don't have a garage.

Looks like a nice place this, I have so much to learn. See ya!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Hi! New owner!

Post by Custommx3 »

Welcome to the board! Id start reading the FAQ. It will save you lots of time and heartache. We put the most common questions/answers in there for new users to read. Id love to see pics of your car as well.
NonServiam

Post by NonServiam »

Thank you! I will certainly start there! I also ordered the Chilton book. All the documentation that followed the car is in German, where it was imported from. My German is a bit rusty, but English is ok.
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

hello to you I hope you have found what you want in the mx > i love mine and will honestly never sell it!

there are a few owners on here from norway.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”