ZE leaning out

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
RobertoCarlos

ZE leaning out

Post by RobertoCarlos »

I just recently installed an MS8 mani and Throttle body on my ze. Before my mechanic and I did that we took the old plugs out and checked them. The engine seemed to be running okay. Now with the ms8 mani and tb on it the car seem to be running a bit lean. Anyone one have any ideas as to correct the problem or what might be causing it. Any suggestion would be grateful. I am planning on throwing on a nitrous kit but wont until I have this problem resolved first. Perhaps adjusting the tps a bit. Can any of you ze mxers with the full ze setup possible tell me what voltage your tps is set at at closed and wide open. Also if its necessary to switch the tps from the original k8 tb and put it on the milenia one. Thanks in advance
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: ZE leaning out

Post by IanL »

As it's recent, the ECU may not have "unlearned" from the previous configuration and "learned" the new. You can speed up the learning by resetting the ECU - did you do that?

The other thing to check on would be the O2 sensors, which govern the mixture under closed-loop control.

Under open-loop control, a likely cause, already mentioned by lakersfan1, is an intake leak, admitting unmetered air.

<small>[ August 25, 2004, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: IanL ]</small>
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by RobertoCarlos:
Also if its necessary to switch the tps from the original k8 tb and put it on the milenia one.
When I replaced my K8 TB with a KLZE TB, the TPS switch was the same exact Mazda part # ..... so changing them won't do anything.
RobertoCarlos

Post by RobertoCarlos »

Thanks I am going to reset the ecu tonight. I was just wondering about the tps because it may have been damaged during shipping. I will see what happens after I reset the ecu.

Thanks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”