SS Chrome Hot-Shot Headers from Street-Import!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Sam Baker

SS Chrome Hot-Shot Headers from Street-Import!!!

Post by Sam Baker »

hey!!! this is a big thanks :D

has anybody installed em yet?
92 Autozam AZ3
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Re: SS Chrome Hot-Shot Headers from Street-Import!!!

Post by Nallboy »

Sweet! I just ordered my CAI and Brake Lines from there and the real HotShots from RR-Racing today. Can't wait to get em in!
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
jordan69

Post by jordan69 »

just got my SS autochrome headers in today too, VERY clean looking, i cant wait, as soon as the ZE gets put in these are goin on too.
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a White guy, the best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

hope they are better than their version 1s, my V1s dont fit what so ever
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I got mine a couple of weeks ago from street-import.

Installed them today and got all of my exhaust stuff welded on. Their fitment is almost perfect, the downpipe needed a lil bit of whacking to align with all 6 holes but it fits good.

The O2 sensor bung on the rear header is facing the other way, no biggie. Just reroute the wire the other way, there is enough slack to still plug it in with no problems.

The EGR thing might fit, but I wouldnt' know, i just welded shut one of those bung fittings and screwed it in there to plug it up.

And a word of advice. DITCH THE CRAP BOLTS THAT COME WITH THEM. Notice how the nuts don't thread on the bolts easily? its b/c the pitch is off. Either buy proper nuts (or bolts) or just buy new bolts. I bought a set of 8 new 3/8" hex bolts from home depot for 82 cents with a set of nuts. Much easier to install, esp when you only have 8" of room to work with when installing that downpipe on there.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

more quality audio clips *please* :D
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

You should do a dyno before you put them on and after let us know how much hp you lose. :throwsgasonthefire:
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

already did a dyno, but it was so inaccurate and worthless it isn't going to be of use to anyone.

I have some audio clips of me inside the car driving, but they don't do it justice. I'll try to get some soon.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

Finally installed my SS autochrome headers, Version 1's. I was assured that they bolt in with minor mod's. Yeah right!

I had to cut/weld the front oxygen sensor bung, since the sensor would hit the hydraulic clutch line. Had to cut the basically every flange that was pre-welded and reweld so they would not hit the vehicle underbody. Egr bung was on the wrong side, so the egr line was heated and bent to fit. The headers in the form purchased also hit the oilpan and the heatshield.

I started at 1pm and had them installed by about 9pm. Currently running a straight pipe and no cat, due to the headers being longer than the stock downpipe. So a temp straightpipe till I get/put the smaller highflow cat in.

I would not recommend attempting to install the version one headers unless you have access to a hoist, welder and air tools as I did. I'm not saying you could not do this on the garage floor, it would just be more difficult.

As for driving, it revs easier, and spins the tires farther into second gear. The engine now seams more eager to rev. But is currently extremely loud when floored. Sound wise it sounds like a cavalier at just above idle, and sounds like a honda when floored. Hopefully the new cat and fixing the holes in the rest of the exhaust will fix that up.

Also like to note that about 1/2 of my exhaust is 1.75". Replaced some of it with 2".

So my ze appears to like the modified headers. Now if I get to the track again maybe my et will drop alittle.

Update:
Just installed a highflow cat, resonator and 2.5" piping from the headers back.

It sure works well when everything is welded up nice and tight. Still a little loud when driving eagerly, but overall I am very happy with my completely redone exhaust system.

<small>[ July 31, 2004, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: timpronk ]</small>
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”