ZE is in, my car is fast!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
thebox

ZE is in, my car is fast!!

Post by thebox »

I got the swap done on saturday afternoon and have since put 530 miles on the car! I did the swap using proper KLZE ecu, MS8 manifold, thermo spacers (i doubt that was a really good idea, but oh well it is done, fidanza flywheel, UR crank pulley, CM stage 2R clutch...and i don't think there was anything else. New NGK plugs and wires, new fluids, other normal stuff etc... The funny thing is the coolant bypass mode idle problem. I had never really payed attention to people talking about coolant bypass (taking the coolant lines away from TB) so it had never occurred to me that it would mess up my idle. I didn't even plan on doing this because i had given it so little attention...but I didn't exactly have great hoses to route the plumbing to the TB so i just bypassed the TB. BAD IDEA!!! The car will do just fine during the day (it has been like 80-85 the last few days) but at night the idle will be VERY jumpy. After searching this seems to be more than common so ASAP i will route the coolant back to the TB and hopefully that problem will be solved. I absolutely love the way the engine sounds. It has so much more tone than the K8. With the light flywheel and crank pulley, it revs crazy fast. I love this car!!!
1992 MX-3 GS

KLZE - Fidanza Flywheel - CM IIR Clutch - Millenia IM - UR Pulley - IM Spacers - KL36 ECU

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”