just dropped in another ZE and...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
stang67fb

just dropped in another ZE and...

Post by stang67fb »

ok first off the reason i got another one was because i tested my compression on my old ZE and it was around 165psi to 175 all around which is pretty ****ty i hear and also the crappy 15.4 timeslips at the track. anyhow i got a sweet deal on another klze and now a LSD tranny off a 2.0 KFZE for 500$. The compression from the motor came out pretty high. But now that its in i punched it and its JUST as slow as my last engine and tranny. WTF could it be thats making it so slow????? btw i used my same manifold,injectors,and everything else. now for some reason could it be the fuel pump or injectors,cause it still has a slightly irratic idle.
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS
New Time 13.82 at 101.75 2.205 60ft (RIP beast klze engine)

Updated mods now... KFZE, SS Autochrome Headers and a Sweet a-- 3' Electric Cutout after it, KFZE LSD trans, Millenia manifold, KL36 ecu, Blown motor mounts, custom CAI, Custom ground wire kit, 9mm Plug wires, 2 1/4 exhaust, (Hei and MSD external coil mod), all accessories.
lakersfan1

Re: just dropped in another ZE and...

Post by lakersfan1 »

Vacuum leak with phenolic spacers maybe?
stang67fb

Post by stang67fb »

well i checked for leaks and i couldnt find or hear anything so i doubt thats my 40hp loss. would my brakes dragging a little bit contribute to some of the power loss? anyway though im just really irritated because i cant figure out where this 40+hp has gone even with the new motor and lsd trans. everything seems to be working just fine,cept for the POS calipers all around.
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS

Updated mods now... KFZE, SS Autochrome Headers and a Sweet a-- 3' Electric Cutout after it, KFZE LSD trans, Millenia manifold, KL36 ecu, Blown motor mounts, custom CAI, Custom ground wire kit, 9mm Plug wires, 2 1/4 exhaust, (Hei and MSD external coil mod), all accessories.
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

how much does you fatass weigh?

had a huge fatass woman one time like 300-375 pounds, and she kept complaining that the struts on the drivers side kept blowing out.

<small>[ March 27, 2004, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: curtklze ]</small>
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
stang67fb

Post by stang67fb »

haha im only 170 but before with my sub in the back and i HUGE 300lb fat **** in the front and another 170 pounder in the back it was still waaay faster than it is now.
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS

mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

haha im only 170 but before with my sub in the back and i HUGE 300lb fat **** in the front and another 170 pounder in the back it was still waaay faster than it is now.
Before what?
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
stang67fb

Post by stang67fb »

seriously though guys i need some kind of direction to go with this massive problem. oh and kinda off topic here....that kfze LSD tranny for 200$ is ****ing sweet.
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS

papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i dont like saying this, but poor driver?
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
stang67fb

Post by stang67fb »

no, very good and very consistant at a 15.5 with a 2.2 60ft, just something is slowing me down. Im going to change all my ****ing POS calipers and see what happens, cause i can hear all of them or at least the fronts rubbing at a 5-10mph roll.
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS

TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Where'd you get that KFZE tranny for so cheap? Is there any differenc ebetween a KF and KL LSD tranny?? For $200 I've got to get me one!

If your warping rotors left and right and the brakes are dragging I'd put my money there. Have you checked the fuel pressure? If the pump was bad or you had a clogged filter that could cause some problems.

You can make your own temporary fuel presure gauge with parts from home depot and autozone. Pick up a 100psi plumbing gauge and a 1/4" npt brass tee, 1/4" npt female pipe coupling and four brass hose barbs from the plumbing department at the depot. You'll also need a few small hose clamps. The get 6 feet of fuel injection fuel hose at autozone or where ever. Put the tee in the fuel feed hose going to the fuel rail. Then run a hose out under the hood, put the gauge on the end and hold the gauge down to the windsheild facing you with the windsheild wiper.

Its low tech and not for long term use but it will show you if you've got any fuel delivery problems. You should be able to make the whole rig for ~$25
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

could it be a KL-DE and not a ZE?
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

id agree with papa roached, 40hp loss is alot.... a different engine would explain all of that as well.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
stang67fb

Post by stang67fb »

well i got the last tranny that guy had.and actually i see no visual difference between the kf and kl tranny. they look identical. He still has a KFZE sitting around and a klze auto tranny. but i am positive it is a KLZE, its just a different year than my last one that i got sitting over here. It has a deep valley inbetween the heads and only has 2 water sensors and no crank angle sensor. the other ZE had all these.Is there a way to see exactly what YEAR a KLZE or any engine is?? One last thing, now that i am tuning my tps its set at around .62 or so(i did the fan method again) the car has been running much better than when it was at .50 or .55. anyhow i feel the vris kick at 4200 and then again around 5-5200rpm but power after that is very weak, not as bad as before but i still cant get it up to 7k without it reallly slowing me down. Would a weak disty cause the slightly moving idle and very weak top end. damn think ill stop now.
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS

stang67fb

Post by stang67fb »

well i put new rotors up front a while ago but only bled and finally bled the front again today, so far it seems they havent been scraping but we will see later on after a long drive. also i just put a new fuel filter not to long ago. but the weird thing is i cant ever hear the fuel pump turn on when i turn the key to on or even turn the car over. arent you supposed to hear it prime the lines? i think im going to get a new fuel pump anyways cause i plan on shooting a good 100 shot nitrous on this engine. The stock engine Can handle it right?
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS

IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Depends on which ECU your using, but both VRIS valves should shut at about 6,300. Are your's?

I can't hear my fuel pump at all.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”