KLZE is running....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Ebsouljah

KLZE is running....

Post by Ebsouljah »

Well,

Its running....but terrible, idle is bouncy until warm. Exausht and vacuum leak. Reverse lights stuck on :( . Maybe i expected too much. I had a guy do it for me from school.(Automotive school)And he left off the nuts for the motor mount studs!! :mad: Didnt figure that out till i got home. And they tryied to put on the egr from my k8 just by using the IM and exausht manifold, will that work?? Will the idle improve if i get a KLZE ECU?? And any thoughts about my reverse lights??

Mykil²
TsiMiata

Re: KLZE is running....

Post by TsiMiata »

With the K8 ecu it will run like *** . Get the KLZE ecu.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

Actually it will run not bad with the k8 ecu. It will of course run better with the ze ecu though, so if you have the money, buy one.

The idle is most likely your throttle position sensor. That is a common prob with the ze swap. Also make sure you have no vacuum leaks as that will cause you hours of trying to get it to idle just right.

If you are running the k8 ecu you will need a kL vaf. This will help with your low end power because the k8 ecu and k8 vaf will make it run like a dog (bad). You should not be lacking low end power, especially while running the k8 intake manifold (small runners = low end power)

As for the egr setup. If you are using the k8 exhaust manifold and intake manifold it should all bolt right up no probs. Just make sure the vacuum lines are on correctly.

The reverse light may have something to do with the nuetral switch located on the tranny . Maybe the wire is broken / disconnected.

Just keep tuning it and you should be very pleased with your engine compared to the k8!
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

I just recently upgraded from the 2.5ecu (american) and 2.5 vaf combo - to the KLZE ecu and 1.8 (je50) vaf. My engine was running very well before this. Fast, good idle, good gas mileage. Now its faster than before. There are no flat ranges when accelerating, the engine runs smoother has more power, the VRIS points feel much better and the gas mileage has slightly improved. This is the best combo by far that I have tried. The first setup I used was the 2.5 ecu with the 1.8 (je50 VAF) and man did this setup suck. It hesitated, had o2 sensor codes tripped off, stuttered at warm up and had big time power loss after 6200 rpms.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

That sounds pretty good. The only issue is whether you need the EGR to be working to pass the emissions test. If so, it sounds as if you want the KLDE ecu and VAF fitted for the test; then swap back to the KLZE ECU and 1.8 VAF.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

i had my emissions test before the klze ecu and je50 setup. I passed very nicely. Next year I'll find out if I pass with this setup....
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”