Aftermarket VAF by Venom Performance

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
RobertoCarlos

Aftermarket VAF by Venom Performance

Post by RobertoCarlos »

I odnt know if anyone else has found this yet or not but 2 years ago when I made my cold/ram air intake for my mx-3 and took my VAF out I coukld not help but notice that it looked awfully restriciting. I then proceeded to search on the internet for an aftermarket one. Behold after a long while of searching a came across a VAF sensor made by Venom that does not use that plunger assembly. It was on www.coximports.com or www.coximport.com. The only thing is that it for an mx-6 and look like it has a control dial. Just wondering if any of my fellow MXer's have seen or perhaps even got one of these units.
Steeb

Re: Aftermarket VAF by Venom Performance

Post by Steeb »

im sure some people knew about it but i didnt. good find. and how did u run your car with no vaf?
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

There is no aftermarket air flow meter that is calibrated for either the KL or K8 equipped car.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

It is just the OEM air meter. What your seeing is a universal picture. What venom has done is add a knob that changes it's output. Heres their description-<p>"The Hi-Performance Air Mass Sensor is a driver controlled analog computer input, utilizing the OEM Air Mass Sensor. Gains of up to 15% in horsepower have been achieved by retrofitting OEM Air Mass Sensors. All Hi-Performance Air Mass Sensors are smog certifiable. Increases in horsepower and torque are evident all the way up to the engine's redline."<p>Just buy an Apexi SAFC for $150 less. Another thing worth noting is they don't list this product on the venom website.<p>You can open up the air meter internally a small amount. I have cut out two of the "arms" that hold that center plunger in place. The ones you can cut out are the ones located at 12oclock & 6 oclock. This is looking at the end of the air meter with the electrical connector pointed at either 3 or 9 oclock. I honestly don't think it made any difference though. It took a long tiem to do also. I had to cut them out with a hacksaw blade and then file it smooth internally.<p>[ September 15, 2003: Message edited by: TsiMiata ]</p>
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

I asked the same a few months ago and was told that it´s not a Vaf, it´s a Maf, so it can´t be used on our cars. There is a brand of stand alones that replace the Vaf for a Maf sensor, but I can´t remember which one.
European Mx3 GsRT

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”