Drum Brakes! Trouble

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
92RedMX3

Drum Brakes! Trouble

Post by 92RedMX3 »

anyone have trouble putting the drum back on after installing pads? its giving me hell. Anyone know why or what. Please help.
sapper

Re: Drum Brakes! Trouble

Post by sapper »

Its the auto adjusters, there a total pain in the *** . I dont know how to fiddle with them so I got my friend whos a mechanic to do it for me. Good luck!!
I saw a street sign yesterday that said Caution! Children playing! so I slowed down. Then I thought Wait! I'm not afraid of children!
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

I got the autoadjuster done on one, Gotta go at the other today.
Genesis74

Post by Genesis74 »

I assume the brake pads are now in the way.
I had the same problem.
The brake cylinders pushed all the way out when I replaced the pads.
I just pressed them back in as far as they would go.
That allowed me to put the drum back on.
The brakes will probably rub until you use them again and then they should go back to normal.<p>Good luck
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

Ya i change my own brakes on my ride, and they are a pain in the *** to fit properly, it just takes times, but they will fit if you dont get to fustrated
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
sapper

Post by sapper »

Do alot of driving in reverse, and use your brakes alot when doing it, it will help the auto adjusters "Adjust" your drum brakes to fit properly when the job is done. Or so I hear....
I saw a street sign yesterday that said Caution! Children playing! so I slowed down. Then I thought Wait! I'm not afraid of children!
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

It's actually a very simple solution. I guess you may call it the auto adjuster, but when i did it on my old RS all i did was take a screw driver and push the adjuster thing, and the pads "shrank" and the drum slipped right on over.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”