A kl-ze swap question?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
davidosk024

A kl-ze swap question?

Post by davidosk024 »

Ok the KL-ZE i was looking at was from the
1996 mx-6 at a mazda wrecker here in australia.<p>The guy confirmed and said yes its deffinatly the
200hp model.<p>Ok from there my next question is.... on the engine swap location... its says that only vehicles from 1998 and up have the 200hp engines
ie:eunos 800, mx6 and so on<p>what is the difference between the 96 and 98 model?? are the mounts different or something?
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Re: A kl-ze swap question?

Post by Zoso124 »

Not really sure how they did the motors over there, but they could of possible changed the cams. From what I know they started to use solid lifters in '98. That would be the only difference I would know of. The other problem your going to have to deal with is if your car is OBDI or OBDII, If your car is a 95 or older your going to have to swap alot over from your old motor.<p>I'd love to help you, I've been trying to make it to Melbourne to see my buddy but trying to find a plane ticket under $1700 is pretty tough.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
BLINDMAN INC.

Post by BLINDMAN INC. »

No not really I think there is a couple bolt patterns that are different but thats nothing but a couple of drilling of holes... Yes hey make a 200hp engine for few years before 1998.. that guy must not know **** bout engines....
Zoso124
Forum Moderator

Post by Zoso124 »

What kind of bolt patterns would you be referring too?
Mike Evans
Gone:
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

Umm<p>Zoso124 <p>when you coming down ill give u a ride when its done :) hehe
In
Eunos 30x, v6
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
Zoso124
Forum Moderator

Post by Zoso124 »

If I could get someone to spot me the cash for a plane ticket I'd be there in a heart beat!
Mike Evans
Gone:
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

check on [url=http://www.mx6.com,]www.mx6.com,[/url] but I am pretty sure there were no 200hp KL-ZE in the aus delivered MX-6.. only the J-Spec one methinks.. <p>sound sliek he is trying to sell you the KL03..<p>How much $$ ?
- EUNOS 30X -
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

hes charging me $2200 for the motor, the guy is from allmaz in melbourne, he goes over to japan to get his klze's apparently.
In
Eunos 30x, v6
mx3-precidia-gs-1995

Post by mx3-precidia-gs-1995 »

KLZE are 195 HP not 200...found in RHD car(im pretty sure...if not tell me please)...
there is two version: MX-6 and Millenia<p>If you wanna be shure its a KLZE check the cams (numbers on it) / Intake Manifold / Square intake ports that match the manifold

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”