custom intake??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3_guy

custom intake??

Post by mx3_guy »

could someone tell me exactly whats involved with making a custom intake?? also, an estimate on the cost?? thanks

Re: custom intake??

Post by Guest »

you need some pipe, pvc or abs, shouldnt really matter, some pipe cement, an air filter, and thats about it, keep your stock system from intake manifold to and including the MAF, after the MAF, put in pipe as per can fit, cement it together, put a filter on the end, and voila, your own intake, there will be one vacuum hose that you need to attach somewhere after, so take off the resonator on the stock intake pipe, thats the curved pipe running down off the main intake pipe, and put in a rubber plug, drill a hole in the middle of the rubber plug and crazy glue the vacuum hose in there. also note that the intake pipe diameter should be no more than about 2.25" i believe for best performance.

Post by Guest »

oh yeah, and also, it only cost me about 90 bucks, and 70 of that was for the K&N filter, so its fairly cheap.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Hmmm for mine all i did was buy a filter and clamp it onto to VAF and then cut the resonator tube....you guys are talking about a vacuum line on that resonator tube? that might explain why i have a loose vacuum line in my car near the intake and i cant figure out where it goes...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”