Definitions for non-experienced MX3ers, please!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
treckrtj

Definitions for non-experienced MX3ers, please!

Post by treckrtj »

Hey. I was just reading the post that asked what king of miles everyone has on their cars. My 93 1.8 V^ has 145k miles, runs real well, but getting low compression according to the recent test I had. Gonna get ready for a rebuild this summer. Well, I have been reading these posts for the past few monthes, and seen TONS of stuff about the other engines available. Well, I am completely confused!!! What does my car come with from the factory? What is the KLZ or whatever that I hear so much about. Tell me about the 2,5 probe motor, and what kind of advantages these engines have, if ANY!! And clarification would be excellent. Thanks!!!
pelado

Re: Definitions for non-experienced MX3ers, please!

Post by pelado »

Visit the V6 FAQs, they're at the top of the page when the bulletin board initially comes up.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

KLZE ....2.5L j-spec engine with 195hp 10:2:1 comp ratio...I think<BR>KL03.....2.5L N.A. engine 160-170hp 9:2:1 comp ratio... great for adding turbos/superchargers/ or nitrous. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i feel kinda silly askin this but what is the torque rating on the DE?
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
g3939

Post by g3939 »

plain and simple, the mazda mx-3 comes with a k08 engine from the factory,130HORSE power. The bigger engine is the kl which is160HP. The KLZE is a europe specification engine with 195HP.
harold stephens
Coodoodxx

Post by Coodoodxx »

How much does it cost for both the KLZE, and the KL03,is there any specific place you can buy them. And finally how much does it cost to do the change labour wise without the cost of the engines. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
'93 mx-3, 1.8L V6, Red
Shadow_Mx-3

Post by Shadow_Mx-3 »

There is also: <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/swap/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/swap/</A> with alot of information.
Jean-François
Now Mazda MP3 2001 Owner
The MX-3 is sold !
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

the KL in the ford probe/Mazda MX-6/Mazda 626 was rated between 160-165 H.P. and 160 Pound feet of torque.<P>The KL in the Mazda Millenia was rated at 170 H.P. and 160Pound feet of torque.<P>The KLZE was rated between 195-200 H.P. depending on the car and which transmission it cam with.<P>The torque was RATED at 160-170(I could be wrong) but it is accually more like 175-185 pound feet of torque(at least in my car it is :D)
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”