May be a good idea, maybe not?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Ebsouljah

May be a good idea, maybe not?

Post by Ebsouljah »

Has anyone ever tried to up the compression a klze and see what hp gains they get or would that just be stupid?? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
lazzyie

Re: May be a good idea, maybe not?

Post by lazzyie »

depends on how high of octane you want to run, my friend has a 14:1 honda engine so he runs 104 all the time, hes got a 14.1 crx.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
curtklze

Re: May be a good idea, maybe not?

Post by curtklze »

you would get about a 4% increase of H.P for every 1.0 incerase of compression.<P>so if you dyno your engine with 10.0/1.0 and you get 200H.P. at the engine, then dyno it with 11.0/1.0 you should see about 208 H.P at the engine.<P>Is it worth all the work, and have to run very high octane gas to get maybe 8 H.P.? Thats up to you.<P>But If you port the heads, change the cams and mess with the timing and fuel maps the you would see a bigger gain.<P>But ONLY adding compression adds 4% per 1.0 point of compression.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”