Does 93mx3 have more problems than a 94?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Runninit

Does 93mx3 have more problems than a 94?

Post by Runninit »

Hey hows it going evyerone well , my car was in an accident latly and i think it will be writting off due to some carless driver who killed my baby!( MY CAR) because she couldn't drive properly.
I wanted to know if there were any problems between the the earlier models of mx3's from 94 down beissdes the differences in the dashes! Does the mx3's that were produced before 94 have lots of engine problems or anyhting like that? I just wanted to know if there were any major differences because i want another mx3 and i jsut wanted to know what i should look out for in the earlier models ! because i heard they cause problems so. ??? Please someone help me thanx :)
Mx-3 all the way baby! It aint a girls car thats all i have to say...
ryanlindenberg

Re: Does 93mx3 have more problems than a 94?

Post by ryanlindenberg »

i would say look for a 94-96. mainly because of the DOHC motor (if you are looking for a 4 cyl). and i like the inside better too.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Runninit

Post by Runninit »

ya i kknow the interior is better but if i dont get a 4cyl , and i get the 6 cyl like a 93 anniversary eidition i jsut wanted to know if it has problems engine wise or anyhthing. Someone let me knwo thanx . :)
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

the engines are all the same... :shrug:
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)

Post by Guest »

the 4cyl engines did change from single to double over head cam, umm the v6 stays the same. I bought a 93 gs, nothing but problems with my car. I would suggest buying as new as possible.
Runninit

Post by Runninit »

So if i buy a gs model it does not matter which year it is then? the engines are not any different is what people are saying? Its just the interior that is differnt correct?
Manach

Post by Manach »

humm, I must be honest. Since I have my Car, I WISH to kill my engine. Well, I was living with my parent, and they were not easy with the idea of a swap. So, they told me "Well, we would be fine if your engine was dead." So I tried to killed my engine.<p>2 years now in the winter.. I can't kill it. bought it at 173000kms. Now I'm at 215000kms. The engine Never take oil, except between changes at 4-6000kms. The engine is running great, and My uncle know what I was trying to do, look at it in the inside, and no sign or wear. I must be a lucky dude. The tranny is still strong. Only prob, the axles.<p>Double cam had a prob with oil leak from the head. Maybe you can over come that.
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
sheller

Post by sheller »

I would the biggest difference between 93 and 94 models outside the engine is the seatbelts. The 92 and 93 models use the automatic shoulder belts which can get really irritating not to mention have a much greater chance of breaking...and in doing so, costly to repair once the recall on them is up.
Steve
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

Manach, that was a damn funny post you made. I know what you mean, mine has 351,800km on it and it wont die either. It's as strong as ever. ;)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”