kl-ze swap in melbourne

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
eunos30xdownunder

kl-ze swap in melbourne

Post by eunos30xdownunder »

I recently put a large down payment on my kl-ze motor. Im wondering does anyone know anyone or any shops that will do the swap down in australia? ANYwhere in australia will do :)<P><BR> :cool:
SirMx3

Re: kl-ze swap in melbourne

Post by SirMx3 »

hi ya im from melbourne too!<BR>i went to this guy about turboing..the eunos...and engine swaps give him<BR>a call his name is peter 95851906 <BR>they have some crazy mazda's there..<BR>and there located in morabbin..<BR> ;)
eunos30xdownunder

Post by eunos30xdownunder »

wicked thanks for that :) :D :D
ausDriver

Post by ausDriver »

Is there a similar place in Sydney? Is it worth modifying an auto transmission version of the 1993 30x? its used by the family, so buying the manual version is not going to happen for me anytime soon.<p>[ December 30, 2002: Message edited by: ausDriver ]</p>
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

I'm in Sydney.. and I just have my mechanic doing mine.. no special performance shops required.. :) <p>AusDriver.. a guy in our group is installing the ZE on his Auto 30X.. no reason why you shouldn't.. <p>come check us out.. <p>Club Eunos Australia<p>@ds
- EUNOS 30X -
ausDriver

Post by ausDriver »

I'm already a member :) Any ideas when the Aus eunos 30x site will b up and running? <p>As for the ze conversion, i'll wait till i can get a manual version. Although I'm wondering if i'll be able to get a car that hasn't been thrashed by the previous owner.
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

nice one.. <p>as far as the site goes.. we haven't really got someone who has been able to do much on it.. so it has been sitting stagnant for ages now unfortunately.. hopefully sometime throughout the year something will eventuate.. <p>It wouldn't be a bad idea to convert your current auto over to manual.. that way, you know the car has been looked after.. one good thing about doing the ZE conversion is that a very high percentage of the engines were bolted to auto transmissions.. this kind of limits how hard the engines may have been thrashed...<p>i wouldn't recommend installing the ZE with your current auto.. it'd chew it up in no time.. you could possibly get a ZE with the gear box still attached.. that way it's a little beefier and able to cope with the ZE's abuse.. but there is a guy in CEA that is having all sorts of troules with that exact conversion.. so I think I'd recommend against it.. <p>you should come and post on the CEA yahoo group more often.. i'll keep an eye out for your posts.. <p>@ds
- EUNOS 30X -
ausDriver

Post by ausDriver »

Thanks for the info. I've been reading through these pages and some of the Aus yahoo group pages for the last week. Trying to get as much info on my car as possible.<p>I might be able to help you and the others Aus eunos supportes with the new site. I'm a web developer as a part time gig till i finish uni. Is there an email address i can use to talk more about this with the owners of the site?<p>Cheers
Anil.
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

best off posting on the yahoo group.. the site owner David, shoul dpick that up and go from there.. I don't know his direct email addy though..
- EUNOS 30X -
ausDriver

Post by ausDriver »

thanks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”