Heater smells like A$$...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
jasonbierschwale

Heater smells like A$$...

Post by jasonbierschwale »

Hey guyz 'n galz,
I bought my '93 GS from my stepdaughter. She owned several dogs, one of which is remembered for 'tossing it's cookies' every time it was put in the car. I'm not sure to what extent the animals were in the car, and if there were even more freom a previous owner... but every time I turn on my heater, I smell a wet dog's a$$ for about 10 seconds. I thought maybe a vehicle heater unit was similar to a house unit and had a filter in the airflow path that had sucked up some dog hair. Does anyone know if this is possible? Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a solution? Thanks!<p> :shrug:
Jason B
1993 MX-3 GS
1.8 V6 5 speed
saiyajin

Re: Heater smells like A$$...

Post by saiyajin »

yea i just bought that deoderizer that u clip onto the vents. So a better smell comes out
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

take off the vents and see if one of the dogs 'tossed its cookies' into it.<p>i also had to say that this was one of the funniest topic names ive seen on this board. :D
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
gmuffb

Post by gmuffb »

Fog it...if you spray a whole lot of fabreze in there and then leave the heater running (on circulate) that stuff will go through the vents. I use a bug fogger for odor removal and allow the solution to go through the vents in the same manner.
¤Kelli¤
spicy

Post by spicy »

lmao@wet dogs a$$<p>
i would give a shot at taking it out and having a looksie if your capable. my old boyfriend had a 1980 something trans am and his heat smelled like maple syrup.
Becker

Post by Becker »

This is one of the funnier topics.....just wanted to bring it back to the top and let some more people laugh... :D :D :D
94 V6 GS Teal
I'm Not C0CKY....Just Perfect

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”