steven

fixing blown speakers

Post by steven »

how can you fix a blown speaker???
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: fixing blown speakers

Post by 2fazed »

Yes, most fixes are voice coil related. Unless it's a really expensive speaker, just buy some new ones.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
seneca

Post by seneca »

Seconded :) If it's a crack in the cone it could be repairable. But If it's something else I'd just replace them, especially if they're OEM. There's so many deals out there on aftermarket speakers. ANd let's face it anything is better than whats stock, it's not like the mx-3 came with a Polk, infinity, Bose, Clarion or any other big named system.

tyson
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

If youre talking about a high quality expensive speaker that you cant live without "Maybe theyre not produced anymore" they can get fixed,theres small companys around that will take the speaker apart and rewire the voicecoil/s, replace the Rubber gasket/surround and spider leaving you with a good as new speaker ;)
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

If you have a speaker blown because of the foam/rubber "surround" being rotted away, this site offers some DIY repair kits. IMO I'd only go this route if the speakers are high end and worth the effort of restoring...

http://www.new-foam.com/kits.asp
Pearl-JapSpec

Post by Pearl-JapSpec »

i had infinity kappa's series as my fronts. blew them.. took them back to future shop n got new ones!!! gota love 2 year warraties!
Car Out Of Order For Now...
2 weeks In counting till re-incarnation!!
New G-Force Front Bumper!!
-_-_-_- Pics On Site -_-_-_-
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3_junkee

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”