12 v switched power source

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
BATTOSAI

12 v switched power source

Post by BATTOSAI »

I´m installing a 034 Ecu for controlling additional injectors and I need to know if we have any 12 v power source that is switched (By the key) and that uses a relay, that I can use to feed this Ecu. If there isn't any, how can I do to make one?

<small>[ June 02, 2004, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: BATTOSAI ]</small>
European Mx3 GsRT
lakersfan1

Re: 12 v switched power source

Post by lakersfan1 »

Just pull the switched 12V power off the CD/cassette player's harness and feed a line off of it to wherever you'll be putting the ECU. If the ECU draws 5 amps or less, you can just throw an inline fuse on it after splitting off the power. If it draws more power than that, then use the switched 12V just to activate a relay, and run a larger gauge wire directly from the battery to the relay.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

the cigarette lighter is a switched input
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Someone just pointed out to me on another forum that all the switched power in the car momentarily turns off when the key is turned all the way in the start position. I'd presume you want power to the fuel injectors when the car's in the start position. In that case, you'll need to pull the power from the ignition wire harness to trigger your relay. Do a search on this forum for 'alarm wiring' to get the wire location chart.
Spotted

Post by Spotted »

I don't know if this will help you any, but try this
I got this from someone when trying to install my car alarm with remote start. It was a great help.
I hope it helps you out also.
:welder:

<small>[ June 09, 2004, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Spotted ]</small>
:welder:

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”