Viper alarms

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
seneca

Viper alarms

Post by seneca »

Are Viper alarms worth the $$$ ? I have comp stereo equipment, and a kit. KIt s sweet (no pics yet) only the B4 pics of her after the accident. SHes in the shop and should be ready soon.
Thx
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
SIXPACK

Re: Viper alarms

Post by SIXPACK »

If I was to get a new alarm I would get a Viper.
lots of nice features and the voice module is cool it keeps jerks from slamming their doors into your car on the parking lots ;)
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
jdogsd1

Post by jdogsd1 »

i personaly would go clifford thats what i got and i love it. it was worth every penny
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Cliffords are just rebadged Vipers anyways. DEI owns most reliable alarm companies including Viper, Sidewinder, Clifford, Rattler, Avital, Python, Hornet, and Wasp. As of this year, Clarion will stop making thier Ungo alarms and outsourcing the building to DEI as well. Then, I hear Alpine is discontinuing alarms altogether.

But anything made by DEI should be very reliable. Just pick the features you need out of all thier lineups.
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

You guys are such suckers when it comes to alarms. All you need is something that makes a loud ****ing noise if you're car is touched. Period!
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Quick Sliver:
You guys are such suckers when it comes to alarms. All you need is something that makes a loud ****ing noise if you're car is touched. Period!
Your car won't make a loud ****ing noise if it's broken. :confused2:
seneca

Post by seneca »

Lol very true. FOr example I have a friend who picked his alarm up at a local Canadian Tire. This thing is so cheap it only takes 2 seconds to reach under and unplug the damn thing! If you've every seen a Viper alarm...amazing!
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
mb3k

Post by mb3k »

I heard they're talking about banning car alarms in VanCity and New York if I recall from the news.
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

I have the DEI Rattler and its already payed for its self. Their best if you take your dash apart and mount the 128db bb-horn in the metal space above your glove box. (its hell to replace the battery when its low, but any theif who tries to steal your car/system will be deaf before their finished) And its not anoyinly too loud out side the car, but if the door is open you could hear it for blocks away. Its detured a couple of theives so far.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by SE-Man:
I have the DEI Rattler and its already payed for its self. Their best if you take your dash apart and mount the 128db bb-horn in the metal space above your glove box. (its hell to replace the battery when its low, but any theif who tries to steal your car/system will be deaf before their finished) And its not anoyinly too loud out side the car, but if the door is open you could hear it for blocks away. Its detured a couple of theives so far.
I hopr you're not talking about putting the full sized horn body insdie your car. You know, they make small piezo sirens that are made specifically to fit inside the cabin area.
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

No, I'm talking full sized horn, their louder. Its not like its visable or anything. but the cab sirens don't have battery back up.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by SE-Man:
No, I'm talking full sized horn, their louder. Its not like its visable or anything. but the cab sirens don't have battery back up.
They make outboard battery backups so you can power the whole alarm when the main power is cut ..... not just the siren part. I've foudn the piezo sirens to be very, very loud if installed properly. If you aim it up at either the windshield, or the back glass, it'll make it impossible to sit in the cabin without running away screaming. At least the piezo sirens I've tried. I've only used the DEI piezos though. :shrug:

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”