How to take out headlights?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
JoBoMX3

How to take out headlights?

Post by JoBoMX3 »

First off, I know this has been asked thousands of times so I'm sorry to all the board admins, but I have yet to read a good detailed description on the how to's.<P>I want to take of my headlights mainly to get into the inside and clean them up. I have used a polish and it has worked, but I also took my lenses to a plastics shop in town and they said if you get access to the inside they'd give me a safe cleaning liquid.<P>Also, I know the Online Shop Manual is where to look first, and I did, but Im yet to find the section I need. I came across it once but for god knows why I can't find it again...<P>Thanks for your time and some of you, your patience for the same question being asked over and over.<P>Jordan
Chicks dig orange cars
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Re: How to take out headlights?

Post by masonholmes »

There are two screws that should be obvious, if you look around the headlight mount area. What gets most people, me included-long long ago ;), is there's one screw that holds them in from the bottom. Without removing the front bumper cover, you need to get under the car and go at it from that direction..you should be able to feel it. Hope that helps..
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
JoBoMX3

Post by JoBoMX3 »

First two bolts, easy to find. Right out in the open, but where is the third one located under the car? I have no freakin clue. I believe it's on the outside given the torque when I give it a yank, but where abouts? Do I have to take off a side marker or? <P>Thanks
Chicks dig orange cars
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

It's easier to notice that hidden bolts by removing the flasher (I mean the side marker in front of the car, not the one beside)<P>But I found it easier to remove it by going under the car.<P>Sorry for my bad english.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”