rear defrost problems

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
applejuice

rear defrost problems

Post by applejuice »

Hello. I just got my 95 RS and now that I own it, the rear defrost doesn't work. How can I check/fix the problem? I couldn't find the fuse. Please help.
ryanlindenberg

Re: rear defrost problems

Post by ryanlindenberg »

i have the same car, and same problem. the actual defroster on the window is fine and so is the switch on the dash. i'm guessing it's either a fuse or a wire. i'm gonna check all the fuses tommorow.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Drej

Post by Drej »

This may be of help:<p><from Alldata>
<The rear defroster may not operate and the relay and/or connector may be damaged. The damage is caused by vibration at the connector and relay while driving. The vibration increases contact resistance and generates heat in the connector. In some cases, rear defroster relay replacement alone may not prevent the concern from recurring.><p>Chances are that your problem is in the connector, rather then the relay. I took my relay appart when I encountered this problem and it was fine.
I have a schematic of the rear defroster if it will help along with some pics of the relocation.
Let me know if I should post them.<p>Drej
applejuice

Post by applejuice »

That would be great if you could post pics and the schematics. Thanks in advance.
Manach

Post by Manach »

When my engine didn't start because of cold my defroster stop to work, even my rear wiper. So I had to heat the engine with the block heater, then recharge the battery. Stop the car, unplug the battery, drain the power out of the circuit, replug the battery, and the defroster was back on.<p>Pretty weird if you ask me.
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
Drej

Post by Drej »

Jen, I e-mailed you a zip file with the schematic and a bunch of other stuff. (I couldn't post the pics as they would need to be on a website, and I don't have one)<p>Hope it helps,<p>Drej
keetonFXY

Post by keetonFXY »

I heard from some mazda technicians that post mx-3 mazdas have a 20 minute timer on the relay and the burnout was caused by leaving it on to long hrmm i would appreciate if you could tell me where the relay is. what part number etc... thanks
keeton@fxydesign.com

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”