trouble with my swap 1.8l protege in a rs 94

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
atila

trouble with my swap 1.8l protege in a rs 94

Post by atila »

Just installed the engine today and started it. It started imediatly the problem him having his that when i give it some gas it rev up but come down very slowly. the set-up his: motor 1.8l dohc from a mazda protege lx 93, stock transmission and electronic. The difference between the two are the plug of the iat his different but the wire color match so i just changed the plug, the second one his that the 1.8l doesn't use a egr and the rs does, has the intake doesn't fit i didn't plug it (i don't care about the check engine light). For the rest the swap his a succes the motor run a perfect mix of air and fuel and the only thing missing his a good timing set it at 8 degree for the time being.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: trouble with my swap 1.8l protege in a rs 94

Post by mitmaks »

umm id post at protegeclub.com they are protege club, know more about proteges than here
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
atila

Post by atila »

the only thing from the pro is the motor the rest is all stock precidia ecu and everything else. Made a mistake before, it's not the iat i ment it's the iac.
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

Might be a clogged cat...
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
atila

Post by atila »

no the cat his alrigth. Drove the car today and it pull good him really satisfied with how it respond the only trouble i had in test drive his that because the rev doesn't come down fast has it should when you engage to rapidly the clutch slip a little that may be resolve by putting the 1.8 clutch but for the moment there's snow on the road so no possibility of a race.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

make sure you throttle cable isn't too tight or that your throttle plate isn't sticking.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Hehe just though it ironic that i am in the process of swapping a 93 protege lx into my 94 rs.. Will have it done in a week or two pendnig cash flow and free time.. ALthough i am swapping in everygthing for the protege we got a whole front end clip hopefully to avoid any hybrid problems.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

torpedan, if you got a lx tranny, could you do me a favor? compare the clutch forks between the pro and mx tranny. i need to know if the pro has a different pivot point or a differnt angle to it or not. thanks for any help.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
atila

Post by atila »

Good luck i think it's going to be easier for you has you swap everything. I think i may have found the trouble everything points in the direction of a vaccum leak somewhere in the intake system so going to check that tomorow
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

I will check on it when i get a chance to. <p>Yeah overall it should be a easy swap.. my brother described it as too easy.. He expects to run into some problem somewhere.. =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
atila

Post by atila »

no vaccum leak damn that one his going to make me crazy. Trying to see if it could not be the iac the trouble could you tell me a much resistance there his on the iac connector of the protege.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Hehe the parts are quite diffrent i got some pictures to show you but i forgot to bring my camera home.. will have them posted for ya soon
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
atila

Post by atila »

I swapped the hole intake from the pro so i had to use the iac of the pro which his 14.3 ohm and the precidia oem was 11.3 ohm so him going to adjust it with another resistance in parallel. Found out today how to make the idle stable just have the unplug the mass airflow a solution i really don't like but it works. Has soon has i unplug the mass airflow the idle return to normal and when i give it some gaz the rpm come back down has it should and not like it was doing before really slowly. Must find where in the hell the mass come to play with the idle and the rpm.
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

the car isnt supposed to run with the mass air flow unplugged.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
justin h

Post by justin h »

I had a similar problem with my MAF sensor. Check the wires on the plug. Mine were messed up and had to appoxied (spelling?). I could wiggle the wire and the idle would screw up. Just a possibility.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”