B6T set-up/rack your brains for me...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Shady469
Supporting Member

B6T set-up/rack your brains for me...

Post by Shady469 »

aight! for my limited budget and prices i get working at a performance shop i've come up with the following set-up for my B6T swap, and i want you guys to see what else i should do or leave out.<BR>What i have now:<BR>B6T(out of 91 mercury capri xr2 w/ 20K miles)<BR>Blitz DD BOV<BR>B&M oil cooler<BR>ACT 4-puck (race)<BR>S-AFC<BR>Boost & A/F gauge<BR>home made short shifter...don't ask<BR>turbo xs mbc<BR>battery relocated<BR>2 1/2" high flow cat. (goin to be put on when i redo exhaust)<BR>Arospeed bomb muffler<BR>RX-7 MAF<BR>Going to get:<BR>FMIC Rev-Hard (30x8x3.5)<BR>GTX injectors from Road/Race<BR>DOHC MX-3 I/M<BR>mazdaspeed mounts<BR>Heat sheilds and manifold ceramic coated<BR>Toda B6 lite-weight flywheel(fit?)<BR>RX-7 fuel pump<BR>and maybe a little giggle gas...<P>hopefully it'll run its @ss off. lemme know what you think.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
Marlon

Re: B6T set-up/rack your brains for me...

Post by Marlon »

u better order your mazdaspeed motor mounts soon cause theres a 6 month wait around here and the only place in the us is corksport and i got those on order<BR>and still have to wait 2 more months for them
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
maldo

Post by maldo »

Don't waste your time and money on the Mazdaspeed mounts. Go to Mcmaster Carr and get some urethane to fill your stockers. Did mine for under $50CDN including shipping, works great. I used 94 Shore A, very stiff, vibrates under 1000rpm.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> FMIC Rev-Hard (30x8x3.5)<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Too big, you will have a massive pressure drop using this i/c. Even a GTR core is a little overkill. Go to FM for some specs on their i/c that are supplied with the FM2 and FM3 kits.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>GTX injectors from Road/Race <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>What's the point? Should already be the 330cc injectors if you are getting a B6T.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> DOHC MX-3 I/M <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Won't fit unless you swap over the head.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>B&M oil cooler<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Again, too small. The stock spin on oil cooler is very efficient, you will be wasting your money with the B&M. You should do a DIY oil cooler using a large Mocal cooler.
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

i thought it was the same head/motor? <BR>the fuel rail didnt have any injectors on it.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
maldo

Post by maldo »

Same design just a different bolt pattern for the intake manifold. Cheap way to test it out is to buy manifold gaskets for each and double check.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

if the 6-month long wait is too long for you, you can always go custom motor mounts.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I see you have an Rx-7 MAF...is the wiring harness compatible??? Are they less restrictive than the 1.6 SOHC MAF?? I looked inside mine and there is this big ole clappper thing...Now im not totally sure but i think this is preventing my intake from sounding cool? Sorry couldnt think of any bettter way of putting..i just know ive heard some of my friends intakes and they have this roar sound...and mine u can barely hear :(
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
maldo

Post by maldo »

The RX-7 MAF bolts right up, same voltage, same connector. The stock MAF flows around 160cfm(?) the RX-7 version is 220cfm. You will need an adapter to fit it to your stock pipe as it has a 3" diameter vs the 2" ish SOHC pipe. <P>That "cool" sound is known as turbulence and isn't good for air flow.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

well i like the "cool" sound...and im not for speed so i just might look into gettin an rx-7 MAF....dont get me wrong, i love speed, but i just cant afford it right now... thanks for answering the post though...u seem to know what u are talking about....
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

OH yeah, which year would work the best....or does it matter?
My Cardomain site
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

The dohc MX3 intake DOES NOT fit onto the B6t head. Have both components in my garage..Just checked and it doesnt. Go with the MX3 head and then you will not have clearance issues for the hood.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

His MX-3 head is SOHC and the cam's aren't optimized for the turbo like the B6T. It would work but no wear near as efficient as the B6T head or a 1.6L Miata DOHC head. I'd recommend biting the bullet and getting a hole cut in the hood & put a hood scoop on. The hood scood would also aid in cooling your entire engine bay. If you wanna go cheap on the IC, get one off of a Mitsu Sparion. I still have the stock High Impedance B6T injectors here at the house just laying here (I think they were ok, not for sure though). Look around on this site some more or holla at me again when you see me in town again. I'll take ya for a ride and change your mind for ya...LOL. Take it easy Shady!<P>Peace Out
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”