come on people...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
anjin1982

come on people...

Post by anjin1982 »

i cant believe that with all these ppl on mx-3.com no one can find out the real answer to the idle problem we have things like "that should fix it" we wanna read "that WILL fix it" im sure someone here has found the solution. i find it hard to believe that we all find temp solutions(sorry if this is in the wrong spot!) any with answers post here
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
torpedan

Re: come on people...

Post by torpedan »

You know after having spent a good deal of time working on cars its still hard to give answers to vauge problems that are best diagnosed in person.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
maldo

Post by maldo »

There is no 100% solution. Each car has its own specific reason. I have mine 95% solved and have posted about it several times. This is why we ask you to search ;) .<P>-Replace you wimpy alternator with one from the V6 (need to swap pulleys).<BR>-Upgrade your grounds, use 8 guage wires, replace some and add some.<BR>-clean your IAC valve
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Agreed. There can be many different solutions for one symptom. Look at the F1 chapter of the Online Shop Manual on MX-3.com for evidence of that. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Sublime68-96

Post by Sublime68-96 »

My idle has been bad for quite awhile now and just on thursday it got worse and worse and actually died on me 3xs. I took it into a shop to see whats wrong and they said its a bad head gasket. Now I'm debating if my neighbor (whose capable of doing this) and I should do it or if i should leave it to the shop.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”