0-60 time and intake question

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions

0-60 time and intake question

Post by Guest »

ok.<BR>my friend has a 93 MX-3 RS(i think) w/ the 1.6l sohc motor....its an automatic.<BR>he says stock its 9.0 sec (is that true??)...and he has an intake and muffler and says it will probably do 8.0 now.<BR>does an intake really make that big of a difference on ur guys cars?? cause i have a celica and all it did was sound cool. he says it made a big difference.<BR>what are ur guys experiences and can an intake and muffler really take 1 sec off ur 0-60mph times??<BR>i know nothing about these cars so tell me what is true and whats not.<BR>thanks
Ryencool

Re: 0-60 time and intake question

Post by Ryencool »

firs of all, your friend is full of poop. 1.6 0-60 is like 16 seconds, dunno if thats auto or manual. Second intake and exhaust dont to much for your car except make a diffrent sound, it may add a couple of hp but nothing too noticable. THe only way these mods help substantialy is if your doing FI ( turbo , supercharger , nos ) and need the bigger exhaust and better intake..
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

yea think of it this way. this is an EXAMPLE:<BR>an rs sohc mx3 stock 88hp. add intake exhaust extra 5hp or so. add turbo system around 40-70hp or so, but since there is a turbo now, the intake/exhaust produces more hp like around 15hp or so depending on engine. that's what they advertise in magazines, but they never tell you it adds that much unless you go turbo.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

a stock rs takes exactly 9.8 seconds to reach 62.1mph or 100km/h<P><A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/brochure/specifications.cfm" TARGET=_blank>proof</A><P>16 sec is the 1/4 mile time
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

0-60mph is 9.4580
TedLeeper

Post by TedLeeper »

where did you get that qt. mile time? if a stock rs can really run a 16 then ether i have massive probs with my engine or i need to learn how to drive. i ran a 17.5 with a 95 dohc with cai and about 200 lbs weight reduction. but i thought i drove well, good start, shifted on time.
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

i was just sayimg he was prob thinking of 1/4 mile time i know its like 17.8

Post by Guest »

so a intake and muffler wont take off much time right? <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 3&t=001479" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... =001479</A> <BR>theres the link for 1/4 mile times.
Choclatemann

Post by Choclatemann »

I dont know what you guys are talkin about..i have a 92 sohc and i ran 11 flat in the 1/8 mile without the 65 shot of nos....and thats with 17" chrome wheels and a 250 pound stero.... but their is no way he's running 9's..tell him he's full of S***
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mzdspd:<BR><STRONG>a stock rs takes exactly 9.8 seconds to reach 62.1mph or 100km/h<P><A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/brochure/specifications.cfm" TARGET=_blank>proof</A><P>16 sec is the 1/4 mile time</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The 'proof' indicates ESTIMATED time. Times might be a tad faster in canida as the normal force is (slightly) greater, and colder air, but it's still around 10 sec for 60mph.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tk1138:<BR><STRONG><P>The 'proof' indicates ESTIMATED time. Times might be a tad faster in canida as the normal force is (slightly) greater, and colder air, but it's still around 10 sec for 60mph.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Two other things to add to that. Those numbers are for the engine NEW and engine performance will decrease over time. Secondly, Those times are in canadian and they tend to be a tad bit slower than US seconds :D <P>JUST KIDDING!
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Post by Guest »

oh....in my origonal post, i was talkin about 0-60 times..mot 1/4 mile.<P>so ur guys cars are pretty slow eh?? :D <BR>have any of u ever raced a 90-93 celica...not turboed??
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

toozday ur car is slow to and it dies every day literly :D <P>lol

Post by Guest »

i gotta get my fukin 'jap-scrap' fixed...dumb fucker.<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

yeah its a jap scrap all right lol (inside joke)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”