Car stalls and won't start sporadically

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mre

Car stalls and won't start sporadically

Post by mre »

A few days ago I drove my 93 MX-3 to the mall and when I came out about an hour later the car wouldn't start. I got a ride home and came back for the car about 1/2 hour later at which time the car started with no problems. I then drove the car home which is about a 2 mile drive. The next morning the car started with no problem at all, but when I drove it about a block it stalled as I was decelerating up to a stop sign. I attempted to start the car 30 minutes after the stall but it still wouldn't start. The engine does crank so I don't believe it is a battery problem. Any suggestions on what might be the problem would be very appreciated.
92RedMX3

Re: Car stalls and won't start sporadically

Post by 92RedMX3 »

It sounds as though a injector or Ignition problem. I would reset ECU first then check the other. If not the ecu, then the ignition probably.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

check your distributer....<BR>i had a smialar problem<BR>they had to replace my distributer<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
bluefirert

Post by bluefirert »

i'm thinking it may be an electrical problem, like you guys said, the ecu, distributor or ignition. if it's your fuel pump, you can check it by turning the ignition on, and if you hear a sound coming from your gas tank that means it's working (provided that mx-3's have electric fuel pumps, i'm assuming that they do) could also be a starter relay or just a bad electrical connection. either way, you'd prolly have to do alot of diagnostic testing to find the problem.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”