relocating fluid holder to allow more intake room

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
marshmallow15

relocating fluid holder to allow more intake room

Post by marshmallow15 »

how do i relocate that little jug of fluid on the bottom right corner right next to the end of the intake so i can allow more room for a bigger filter? i know torpedan relocated his to the right side.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
bluefirert

Re: relocating fluid holder to allow more intake room

Post by bluefirert »

i'm assuming it's a pretty straight forward process. i know i had to unbolt mine when i made my custom intake. all you have to do is undo the bolts, find a spot on the other side and drill holes. just make sure that you can get behind the panel if you're going to use nuts/bolts and that you dont drill through anything. you also have to make sure that your hose still reaches (unless you wanna buy a new one) and i think that the jug might have to be somewhat level with the top of the radiator so that if it needs to, the coolant can move through the tube. hey, while your at it, why not relocate your battery to the trunk and get even more room? now you can mount a tv under your hood! you can even tape your car doing burnouts or something, and play it on the tv at car shows! i'm sorry .. it's 3:35 and i'm wired.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Here is a better shot of the resivor.<P> Image <P>Really as bad as it sounds theres not trick to it. The stock hose is long enough to run to just about anywhere in the engine bay as of it runs underneatht the stock cai. <P>During the reloaction we were trying to find holes that linded up and while trying out the placement found a spot that it wedge into so tighly further mounting really wasnt needed.<P>In retrospect its just crammed in there but in that spot it doesnt vibrate either =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

torpedan - Man that heat shield is freggin' clean! I'm impressed! :D
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

yea torpedan i like the way you did your setup. maybe ill try that out tomorrow and hopefully i can get my friend's digicam again to post current pics of my new mods.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

but what did you do with the windshield washer fluid reservior that was on that spot??
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Look in the picture its still there. THey actually dont even conflict.<P>Yeah its farily clean i need to detail my car again though although i just spent 300 on tires so i dont see myself doing it here any time soon unlessi get motivated<P>Although i did happen to get a shot of my new Home-depot intake...<P> Image <P>Or two.<BR> Image <P><BR>You can really remove a LOT of plastic from under the hood it creates a ton of room under the hood.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

you're right i havent seen that :p
Tman

Post by Tman »

I just relocated mine earlier today! :)
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

yo torpedan what did you use exactly from home depot i was tryin to make one from there but dont know what to use? can you email me a list with sizes and all? thanx...
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

I just took a look under my hood ... did you by any chnce put a different washer reservior or it is the same.. ?
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

never mind ! I just answered my question! there is a different between SOHC and DOHC reserviours.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Is this going to lead to a resivor swap? :roll:
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”